Blown-in Insulation

If a roof is only a foot or less from the top floor ceiling, is there any way that insulation can be blown into it without major disruption?

Sherwin D.

Reply to
sherwindu

Yes, it is done all the time, usually from the roof. When I had my last house done, they guaranteed the roof patch longer than the rest of the roof.

Reply to
Edwin Pawlowski

Sure, can be blown in from the roof side .

I would be concerned about condensation in the insulation though if it gets cold where you live (rather than hot). Consider applying vapor barrier paint to the ceiling or some decorative material which acts as vapor barrier.

Ventilation of the roof space would help too.

Jim

Reply to
Speedy Jim

I had mine done via the roof access. They were able to snake the hose around my "attic" from that one central location. It wasn't easy, but it did work.

Reply to
scott21230