Blinking Oil Light On Cub Cadet

on after 25 hours, more or less on the oil change is because it didn't go off, or get reset, at the first 25 hour change.
On 6/14/2012 7:10 PM, snipped-for-privacy@snyder.on.ca wrote: ...

It is both of the above by manual and there isn't any reset other than the time-out function. So, it wouldn't go off at 25 and he couldn't have reset it when he did the change even if had known about it...
It's one of those features that tries to be too clever by far...
On 6/14/2012 2:07 PM, All Thumbs wrote:

for a quart or two of oil and a $4 filter, you really can't do it too often.
--
Steve Barker
On Thu, 14 Jun 2012 15:07:24 -0400, All Thumbs wrote:

It sounds to be about the most stupid feature I've ever heard of on a product. Disable the light and change the oil yourself at something reasonably close to the manufacturer's recommended intervals.
cheers
Jules
In our owner's manual, the diagram of the lights, etc. looks nothing like w hat's actually on the mower. And in the owner's manual, it says the hour m eter will say CHG OIL at the 50 hour intervals . . . but instead, the oil l ight flashes and there is no mention of what that would mean.
The mower is one for a small club and my husband is the one who cares for i t this year. He just called me to figure out what the &*#(* the flashing l ight meant . . . like the OP, he expected it to be an oil pump or something , as he'd changed the oil at 40 hours.
Thanks to all of you, I was able to tell him what it meant. And that meant no expensive "repair" for something that wasn't even broken. YIKES!
Dear Cub Cadet -- if you're going to have idiot lights, make them so that i diots actually understand what they mean!
In our owner's manual, the diagram of the lights, etc. looks nothing like what's actually on the mower. And in the owner's manual, it says the hour meter will say CHG OIL at the 50 hour intervals . . . but instead, the oil light flashes and there is no mention of what that would mean.
The mower is one for a small club and my husband is the one who cares for it this year. He just called me to figure out what the &*#(* the flashing light meant . . . like the OP, he expected it to be an oil pump or something, as he'd changed the oil at 40 hours.
Thanks to all of you, I was able to tell him what it meant. And that meant no expensive "repair" for something that wasn't even broken. YIKES!
Dear Cub Cadet -- if you're going to have idiot lights, make them so that idiots actually understand what they mean!
They just don't make them like when IH made them anymore
On Thursday, June 14, 2012 at 11:54:31 AM UTC-5, All Thumbs wrote:

help there is a light on my cub cadet 1050 and i don't know what it means the light looks like two triangles pointing at each other
snipped-for-privacy@gmail.com posted for all of us...

Your hazard lights are on. Get off the Inet and it will go off.
--
Tekkie *Please post a follow-up*

This is the most illogical oil light indicator I ever seen or heard of in m y life - being well over sixty and rebuild many engines and complete cars f or that matter I think I have enough knowledge of why an oil light indicato r is fitted to any type of vehicle or engine driven machine. Nobody has to be a rocket scientist to know that it will be first on foremost that there is no oil in the engine, second that the pump has failed. Since technology and bazzare electronic indicators is build into engines it becomes rather a pain than pleasure. I bought this Cub Cadet about two seasons ago and had only trouble with it. I recently changed the oil and filter at 30 hrs on th e machine. When I started I also experienced the oil light flashing and end ed up here. "A 3 HRS RESET" what a joke. I have renamed my model to KAK Cad et
Make sure the Oil was changed then do like we used to with the VCR Clock. Put a piece of tape over it.
On Thursday, June 14, 2012 at 12:54:31 PM UTC-4, All Thumbs wrote:

Thank you this idiot light has been driving me nuts
replying to All Thumbs, JOHN B. wrote: I have a 2014 Cub cadet LT 1045 20 hp Kohler ..... The manual says change oil every 100 hrs ... at 50 the digital reading came on and said change oil ... if its set to go off every fifty hours if I ignore the oil change and go another 5 to 6 hrs will it reset itself or should I ignore and just go another 50 hrs if the oil is clean