--

Bill
In Hamptonburgh, NY
On 5/25/2011 9:46 AM, willshak wrote:

http://money.cnn.com/2011/05/25/news/companies/stihl_recall/?section=money_latest
Another example of the unintended consequence of adding ethanol to gasoline. I went through it with my snow thrower a couple of years ago.
On Wed, 25 May 2011 14:47:06 -0400, Frank

Having lived off our generator for the past few days due straight line wind damage here in V.B. (where some of those faulty Stihl products are made) the LOL up the street, who runs and care for her generator, said that when I put it away 'til the next hurricane to put Marine Stabil in it instead of the regular product. Says it was developed for boaters to obviate all kinds of problems caused by ethanol. Any experience, anyone?

On 5/27/2011 7:18 AM, starrin wrote:

Well i don't use any form of stabil in any of my small engine products and they all start on the first or second pull each spring. I was even surprised myself the kohler on the troy bilt actually started on the FIRST pull and it was left out in the garden all winter. I leave all tanks full when stored.
--
Steve Barker
On 5/25/2011 8:46 AM, willshak wrote:

http://money.cnn.com/2011/05/25/news/companies/stihl_recall/?section=money_latest
funny how everyone (who is not in the know) wants to blame every little small engine problem on ethanol.
--
Steve Barker
On 5/27/2011 11:07 AM, Steve Barker wrote:

Makes plenty of sense if part is plastic and warped by the higher solvent properties of ethanol in gas. I remember when ethanol was mandated in all stations around here and they had to close down for several days to clean out their tanks. Otherwise residues in the tanks would have been dissolved by the ethanol containing gas and ended up clogging car engines.