Better search engines than google, yahoo?

Any of you folks use one you like better than google and yahoo? For basic info besides movies, videos, computer/phones, games, etc...
Guv Bob wrote:

I use www.startpage.com , they also say they don't track your IP . I do know they don't offer "suggestions" when I'm typing in a search string .
--
Snag

On Friday, June 13, 2014 12:26:53 PM UTC-7, Terry Coombs wrote:

I use it also. It's related to my favorite search engine, ixquick.
HB

basic info besides movies, videos, computer/phones, games, etc...

Thanks, will give it a try. What about a meta search engine? Used to use a couple but they have been bought up and shut down by the big ones.

I used to keep up with all the latest engines. Some get going and fall down, like gigablast. Well the mother of all search engines is still there, mama.
So I did a search and look what I came up with..
http://www.searchengineguide.com/pages/General/Meta/
Greg
On 6/13/2014 2:01 PM, Guv Bob wrote:

I've had reasonable results with www.startpage.com
says it's private. Does web, and images. Google has the shopping thing to find good prices, still use that now and again.
--
.
Christopher A. Young