Better search engines than google, yahoo?

Any of you folks use one you like better than google and yahoo? For basic info besides movies, videos, computer/phones, games, etc...

Reply to
Guv Bob

I use

, they also say they don't track your IP . I do know they don't offer "suggestions" when I'm typing in a search string .

Reply to
Terry Coombs

basic info besides movies, videos, computer/phones, games, etc...

Thanks, will give it a try. What about a meta search engine? Used to use a couple but they have been bought up and shut down by the big ones.

Reply to
Guv Bob

I use it also. It's related to my favorite search engine, ixquick.

HB

Reply to
Higgs Boson

I used to keep up with all the latest engines. Some get going and fall down, like gigablast. Well the mother of all search engines is still there, mama.

So I did a search and look what I came up with..

Greg

Reply to
gregz

I've had reasonable results with

says it's private. Does web, and images. Google has the shopping thing to find good prices, still use that now and again.

Reply to
Stormin Mormon