Best solder free electrical connection

Page 3 of 13

See how much better it reads from the bottom up?
suggests that most people only write, never read. lazy to edit attributions, that's epidemic, which news readers to become effective. As for being too probably be built into Forte Agent and other Usenet automatically, but am too lazy to find it. It should I once found an MS Word macro that would do this to top post, but also start with the previous comment. up and down would be difficult. So, my solution is that if you were to read the entire article, going Well, top posting sorta solves that problem, except
On Wed, 25 Aug 2010 08:02:37 -0500, Jeffrey Angus

On Wed, 25 Aug 2010 06:49:17 -0400, "Michael A. Terrell"

I was in college during most of the Viet Nam era where almost all the hams were into some form of engineering. Many got drafted. At a later class reunion, I asked if they had worked in electronics, communications, computahs, or something technical. Nope. Mostly ground pounder and nobody ended up in communications. I would have assumed that being almost a college grad, would qualify them for something better, but apparently not. My guess(tm) is that for only 2 years of service, the Army was not going to invest in tech training.
Jeff Liebermann wrote:

It required a six years commitment for active duty. That was usually three years in tech school, a month and a half for basic and the rest working in the field you trained for.
Only in rare cases did they push their luck and have someone test out of a long school.

Do you think that they made a short-sighted decision then ?
--
geoff

On Tue, 24 Aug 2010 11:49:47 -0500, The Daring Dufas
The best is to pour the copper in a liquid form and make your own wire all in one piece. Splices are just asking for trouble.
On Mon, 23 Aug 2010 20:57:08 -0500, The Daring Dufas

They don't have roasts and teasing over there, because none of them can take a joke.

Well no, they were known as Merkins long before the the term "amearkin" and you seem to be a tedious, humourless twot.
Go off and play with the Shermans they seem your sort of people.

you're wrong as usual
john hamilton wrote the following:

I don't know where in the US they would say 'amearkin'. Not that some dialect wouldn't say it that way, I just don't know in what region. I suspect the southern US or inner cities where a lot of the alphabet is ignored or elided over.

--

Bill
In Hamptonburgh, NY
On 8/18/2010 7:41 PM, Paul wrote:

The link was to show what the connectors look like, the connectors are available all over the world except perhaps at the yak dealer out on the steppes. I have trimmed solder tabs on a number of items in order to slip a faston connector on them, it's not rocket surgery.
TDD

I'd have thought both the battery holder and the tabs would be available at Maplins - small electronic parts.
--
Tim

On 8/19/2010 2:23 AM, Tim Streater wrote:

Here's the Maplin link to what Brits call Lucar terminals:
http://www.maplin.co.uk/Module.aspx?ModuleNoB725
The terminals are the same as what are called Faston (fast on) terminals in The U.S. which slip on to a rectangular metal tab. The oval shaped solder tabs on the battery holder can be squared off in order to accept a Faston/Lucar terminal. Trim the solder tab to look like the end of a male Faston/Lucar terminal and you can make a quick connect.
http://www.maplin.co.uk/Module.aspx?ModuleNoB727
I hope this makes it clearer and easier to understand the concept.
TDD
The Daring Dufas wrote:

FastOn is AMP's trade name for push-on terminals. I believe Lucar describes them as spade connectors.
Frederick Lucas started a car company by 1914. It went out of business in 1921. It produced the Lucar. Maybe that's the origin if the trade name.
On Thu, 19 Aug 2010 04:03:28 -0700, Smitty Two

If one took all the time, energy, expertise, and brain power expended on this thread, I betcha it would be almost enough to duck tape them thar wires to the battery.

I'll type it again without sarcasm or pisstaking
"Excuse me, but is the OP a Septic or English ?
If he/she/it is English, it's bugger all use pointing them at Septic outlets, is it?"
Capiche, ragazzo ?
--
geoff

On 8/19/2010 1:06 PM, geoff wrote:

Any references to Yank suppliers were for examples ONLY. Sometimes a picture can help one communicate with those who speak another language. 8-)
TDD

ha ha
--
geoff