Best solder free electrical connection

Page 12 of 13

Yes, all the smart ones left.

Wrong, the attitude came first. There was a reason people left that hell hole.

Which was the first wave of European Brain Drain.

Sure, if you consider a strong drive to do what others won't, or can't. Freedoms you never had in Europe. No overbearing and antiquated royal families.
Michael A. Terrell wrote:

I always find it so amusing when a bunch of convicts, black sheep and discarded gentry whose morals made them unacceptable in their own country, plus a bunch of people who were either starving, or whose religious attitudes were so uptight that they couldn't be tolerated , arrive in a place teeming with natural resources (and virtually empty apart from a few asiatics, who treat them very nicely and help stop them dying of stupidity), and then proceed to breed like rabbits, commit genocide on the natives, rape the resources and turn it into the tackiest example of vulgar ostentation since Eve discovered bling, have the nerve to assert that the only thing they actually know, making money, is somehow indicative of superior religious political and moral standards.
Or that a tradition of racism, genocide and slavery is somehow liberating.
Oh well. It's all over now, baby blue. The resources have run out, and china wants its cash back.
And those who confuse being in the right place at the right time with innate superiority, are in for a rude awakening.
The Natural Philosopher wrote:

More mindless ranting from the burnt out hippie alcoholic. You might as well stop setting followup-to: to alt.flame, asshole. I know you think you're smart, but you've burnt out too many neurons with the pot and other drugs.
Michael A. Terrell wrote:

At least I had some to burn out...
On Tue, 24 Aug 2010 13:28:23 +0100, The Natural Philosopher wrote:

Key word - "had"
The Natural Philosopher wrote:

Not as much as anyone else here and it's all long gone, moron. This is proven with your continued use of Followup-To: alt.flame when you are the only one stupid enough to fall for it.
snipped-for-privacy@dog.com wrote:

One look at Imus, and you knew it wasn't hair oil. ;-)
On Mon, 23 Aug 2010 17:48:48 -0400, "Michael A. Terrell"

He was very well lubricated, himself, back when I knew him.
On Mon, 23 Aug 2010 19:39:56 -0400, salty wrote:

Are you saying what I think you're saying?
Errr never mind TMI.

On Mon, 23 Aug 2010 23:57:38 +0000 (UTC), Meat Plow

He was drinking heavily, like you, Meatpuff.
On Mon, 23 Aug 2010 19:39:56 -0400, snipped-for-privacy@dog.com wrote:

But not with oil. He used white, dry, "lubricant". THat was when he was funny.
On Mon, 23 Aug 2010 20:26:51 -0500, " snipped-for-privacy@att.bizzzzzzzzzzzz"

He was drinking copious quantities of vodka in those days, and he wasn't all that funny in person. In fact, he was quite rude and unpleasant. His then wife, Harriet, however was a sweetheart, and some of his friends were fun to be around.
On Tue, 24 Aug 2010 06:18:42 -0400, snipped-for-privacy@dog.com wrote:

I don't doubt you at all. That was the scuttlebutt around NY.
On Tue, 24 Aug 2010 22:51:21 -0500, " snipped-for-privacy@att.bizzzzzzzzzzzz"

I think the cocaine was probably just to perk him up so he could drink more. I didn't really like him very much, as he spent most of his time scowling, and being very rude to everyone. The upside was that his "posse" included some interesting and fun characters. Among them was a fellow named Ben McGowan, who was in (Kawasaki Lets the Good Times Roll) advertising. He was a real character, and always on board for adventure. Another was a young and relatively unknown sports writer named Mike Lupica. He's since become very well known.
On Wed, 25 Aug 2010 08:10:58 -0400, snipped-for-privacy@dog.com wrote:

IIRC, Mike Lupika was already a sports writer for the NY Post when he was on IitM. He went up from there, but hardly an unknown in the NY area. I always thought Charles McCord was the brains in the outfit. Imus was too stoned. I remember the time he, on a break, went into the janitor's closet, thinking it was the men's room. He was so blotto never knew any better. McCord had to go find him. I think that's when he got the "opportunity" in Cleveland.
" snipped-for-privacy@att.bizzzzzzzzzzzz" wrote:

The FCC is one thing, but you don't want to mess with the Janitor's union!
On Wed, 25 Aug 2010 18:28:14 -0500, " snipped-for-privacy@att.bizzzzzzzzzzzz"

Not being a big follower of sports, I didn't think of him as well known at all. Imus used to tease him about being somewhat short. He was very likable and interesting.

Really? You were there? LOL!
snipped-for-privacy@dog.com wrote:

Teflon in his beer?
On Mon, 23 Aug 2010 23:57:25 -0400, "Michael A. Terrell"

No beer. I believe his favorite was vodka and coke. It may have been Gin and coke, but it's been 30 years since I listened regularly.