Auto dent repair kit/s opinion

Do you know of any paintless dent repair kits available other than the infomercial screw type dent puller/popper? I heard that there are kits available for removing dings and dents. I am not talking about major body shop damage. A friend of mine had several small dents caused by hail damage to the roof and hood of his car and he went to a place and had them all removed in less than 2 hours and did not need a paint job. It seems that someone who is half way handy ought to be able to buy something and repair ones own dents at home without paying big bucks. Thanks for your help.

Reply to
Joe

google "pdr paintless dent repair"

It takes a skill to do correctly.

Reply to
JohnH

Every dent is unique, No kit could be effective on all damage. Size, depth, and material all influence what technique will be most successful.

Reply to
PipeDown

THose guys get special training on wierd tools. I've used Dent Wizard and they did a terrific job. No way an amateur could get same results. I did buy a dent pulling tool for a dent in a garage door but it did not do the trick. Probably not the same flexible metal used in cars plus the dent was not the right type for pulling.

Reply to
Art

My sister pulled out a dent one time with a toilet plunger. No ship! At least that's what she told me.

Reply to
Stormin Mormon

Google the tools, or watch E-bay. The tools are available at many different price ranges.

PDR isn't magic. It takes an understanding of the forces on the material, knowlege of correct tool selection and usage, and a good dose of patience.

Good luck!

Reply to
Oscar_Lives

Actually, plungers are made specifically for body repair and they do work for the type of damage they are intended for. It does take skill and feel and patience to get body repair right; my advice is to pass this one by, you'll most likely make it worse and more expensive in the long run. Even scratches that you can't feel with your fingernail can be challenging.

Reply to
LDR