Apostasy: Texan can't park pickup in driveway

Page 2 of 2

snipped-for-privacy@aol.com wrote:

With lots of guns.
[8~{} Uncle Monster

Wait, wait, I know this one! It's the same reason that these idjits think all foreign wine tastes better than domestic.

Probably because even though it was built/assembled in Tennessee (like our 2002 Nissan pickup purchased here in Canada) it has a Japanese name.
Don't worry when Indian Tata and/or Chines/Korean/Indonesian cheaper electric cars etc. start appearing on our highways, costing one tenth in electric fuel than gasoline some idiot/s will try to ban them too! Bit expensive and limited rang right now; but like computers, VCRs, DVD players the price will come down and availability increase.
BTW anyone see Jay Leno driving his 1909 electric car. And then the demonstrator 2008 electric Tesla (partly British Lotus, assembled in California). More fun than a Miata or an MG; oh gee! Neither of them are North American either!
To be acceptable in our 'bling' societies things have to be big, wasteful, polluting, too expensive and showy.
BTW We rented a U-Haul yesterday to bring home some used lumber, now stacked in our back yard, hauling it behind our used 2006 Nissan X.Terra.
This fall or next spring an associate is going to 'give' me a 12 by 20 shed that will rebuild in our back yard, hopefully as 14 by 20+ shed. Already asked the municipality and since it is in our back yard and does not contravene any street building line, in this town of the Free and the Brave, the town clerk can approve it without reference to the town council.
Anyway, got to go; it's beautiful day up here in the 'big' country (mid 70s) and I have towels and bed sheets in the washer to hang out on the clothesline. We even hear in this day and age with fuel and electricity rates rising sharply that in certain places hanging clothes on outside lines is not allowed! How stupid! Although 99% of our electrcity is generated here by non polluting water power they dry nicely and are soft and fluffy dried in the breeze without the use of 'fabric softeners' etc!

If I were him I'd put up a big-ass American flag and big-ass TV antenna, neither of which are leagal for HOA's to stop.