Any experience with borate rods to stop wood rot?

I've got four large (4 x 16) fir beams and have repaired the rot with epoxy. But I wondered if if might be a good idea to drill holes in the beams for borate rods in the hope of preventing the rot from continuing. Anyone here have experience using them? Any idea of spacing?
On Wed, 07 Oct 2015 16:10:52 -0500, Peabody

What is a borate rod?
snipped-for-privacy@spamblocked.com says...

This tells all about it:
http://www.ewoodcare.com/Bor8-Rods_c_27.html
but basically, they're supposed to stop wood rot.
On Thursday, October 8, 2015 at 11:30:31 PM UTC-4, Peabody wrote:

if the wood is in ground contact rot is guaranteed. at leastt use pressure treated wood. or ideally concrete piers

Borate is as good as pressure treated wood as long as it isn't constantly wet. A 60/40 mix of Borax and Boric Acid powder, disolved in water (or better yet Glycol) will penetrate the wood 0 into the cellular level, and kill all fungus and mold spores and virtually all insects except carpenter wasps - and it is non-poisonous to mammals (except for the slight toxicity of the glycol - worse if etylene is used).