Angle grinder for cutting wood

Page 6 of 6

Advertise it as "free firewood, cut it up and haul it away".
Pete Stanaitis --------------------
john hamilton wrote:

RE: Subject
Glad to see a lot of new partipican from the UK on this thread.
Welcome to the wreck.
Lew

Coarse aluminum oxide. Diamond costs more, but doesn't cut any better. Save it for hard materials that won't clog wheels, like concrete or tile.
john hamilton wrote:

Came across a leaflet in local builders merchant this morning that reminded me of this thread.
Would this do what you want?
http://www.duro-diamonds.com/l-gb/diamond-tipped-cutting-tool.asp?p
No idea of the price and I think the smallest blade is 125mm so may not be any good to you.
But they look interesting. Has anyone used one?
Andrew
On Saturday, May 15, 2010 at 1:00:53 PM UTC-7, john hamilton wrote:

Milwaukie Sawzall...... plain and simple. Angle grinder will bind, in wood and won't break the blade, but will break your wrist as the grinder flies back at you at 10K RPM....