Anderson window leaking air

My Ryan house (21 yaers old) has Anderson windows, one bedroom seems to be cold and we noted that air comes though where the two windows overlap (the lock area) , it is like they do not touch well. My son put some towels on the overlap area and it seems to help, any ideas.

The design of the latch ought to be such that it pulls the two sashes together. If it's not doing that, then either the latch isn't hooking properly, or something's bent.

On some windows, the latch will miss the catch and push the windows apart. This happened on my son's windows. I simply instructed him to push a bit on the lower sash when latching and the latch latched.
Replacement windows? Anderson's are junk when new. I'd say they're way over due.
--
Steve Barker

"allan" < snipped-for-privacy@his.com> wrote in message

Well, mine were (junk). But, they are high-grade junk compared to some of the other windows out there.
The latch between the top and bottom sashes can be shimmed to tighten the fit. Also there is a piece of weatherstrip at the joint, have you checked to see if it needs to be replaced?

Get an Anderson repairman out, call Anderson for one.

Are these Andersen windows? Call the company. Andersen will help you out.
-- Oren
When I was a kid, we lived in a house that had crank out windows. My bedroom was always cold. One year I taped the cracks with masking tape, and it made a major difference in keeping me warm.
--

Christopher A. Young
You can\'t shout down a troll.