Amana side by side frig problem

I have the frig set on the lowest setting (#1) and on the bottom 3 shelves everything freezes. There is no problems with the freezer, just the frig side. I would appreciate your suggestions as to how I might fix this problem. Thank you

Reply to
Will

More information needed. Go to the fridge and make a list of 10-15 things you normally keep there. Post that info here.

Reply to
JoeSpareBedroom

We mostly have vegetables and meat. The meat is frozen solid.

Reply to
Will

Bottom post, please, the way we read in Western countries.

You didn't say how old the fridge was or if it's still under warranty. If it is, I wouldn't look for answers here. Use the warranty. BUT:

On the shelves above, are they so crowded with food that maybe air circulation is blocked? And, even after the problem is fixed (whatever it is), keep in mind that more watery vegetables are tender (lettuce, spinach, peppers, tomatoes) and will suffer more from near-freezing temps than stuff like broccolli, cauliflower & brussels sprouts, which will actually grow in early winter and laugh at the low temps.

Reply to
JoeSpareBedroom

The frig is about 11 years old, and has glass shelves. I usually bottom post, but I fnd that after several replies it is a pain in the arch to have to always half to scan down to find answers to to ones post. Thanks

Reply to
Will

Sounds like you have a weak evaporator fan. Just the first thing that came to mind.

Reply to
Stormin Mormon