air conditioning

I bought a ait conditioner from Home Depot yesterday I took it home tried it out and returned it. It made my power go out 2 times .I got my money back. The salesperson told me that ac was for indoors but It was a windows unit I found it out from the maunal.
OK, I'm probably gonna regret this but, what do you mean "The salesperson told me that ac was for indoors but It was a windows unit I found it out from the maunal."
The only thing the facts say are that you bought an air conditioner that GOES in a window, BUT you just put it in the room, am I correct?
Searcher
Shopdog wrote:

a room. The saies person did not even show us the 8500 btu or the 5000 btu models.

skarsan wrote:

I'm a little bit puzzled by "put it in a room". Any air conditioner needs to have a vent that is outside the cooled area, otherwise it heats instead of cooling. Some fit in a window, some have a hose that goes out a window.
--
--John
to email, dial "usenet" and validate

I'm wondering if the OP is a troll or a complete know nothing. AC window units are commonly referred to as "room" airconditioners as they cool one room, not and entire house like "central" air. Even "central" air can be located on one end of the house ;)
Edwin Pawlowski wrote:

Considering his grammar I'm willing to give him the benefit of the doubt for the moment, my assumption is that he is not a native speaker of English and is having trouble dealing with that kind of ambiguity in the language.
--
--John
to email, dial "usenet" and validate
Edwin Pawlowski wrote:

I would like to learn about home repair I am new at this.

Perhaps I'm assuming too much, but since window, or room, air conditioners have been around since the 1950's or so, most everyone knows they have to be vented to the outside. If you come from Greenland, you may not be aware.
Edwin Pawlowski wrote:

I was not aware and the salesperson did not tell me that ac needed to vented from outside. Thanks for the information. How can I vent the ac from outside?