=Air Condition=-

Hi,

My Air conditioner and my Heat does not come on. Ive looked at the breakers and they seem to be OK, nothing red. Ive reset them all. I didnt see any buttons on the Heat pump (outside) or on the 'Big' Furnace inside. Anyone know what else to look for? As you can tell I know nothing about this stuff. The research Ive done said to do what I have already done.

Reply to
Dave

Do you have a "fan" position on the thermostat? If so try turning it to fan and see if the fan comes on.

When you say the air conditioner and heat does not come on. exactly what do you mean? What exactly have you done to cause them to come on? Why do you think there is a problem?

Reply to
Joseph Meehan

Reply to
Dave

This is Turtle.

Sounds like you blew a 24 volt fuse on the relay boards or had a power surge and blew it. Now if you don't have fuses on it you can have blown the transformer for the 24 volt system.

Now you could have a bad breaker for the inside furnace. If you have a heat pump you probley will have 2 double breaker to it and one to the out side and one double breaker to the inside. If it does nothing. It maybe the inside double breaker to it for ir controls everything.

Sound like it is time to call a hvac service company.

TURTLE

Reply to
TURTLE

Just read Turtle's response.

Reply to
Joseph Meehan

Reply to
Dave

The home owner thing to do at the moment is to replace the thermostat.

However, I'd suggest calling a repair company.

Reply to
Stormin Mormon