Ah, the enjoyment of gun ownership and use...

Page 3 of 4

maybe not, but you're still an asshole

Too bad that banning guns, does NOT in any stop the fact that innocent people get killed. On the other hand, banning guns, only makes innocent people less able to defend themselves against the criminals.. But that's an issue that such as you conveniently ignore even though far more people are victimized when they are made defenseless by such as you.

Well said and very true. If gun ownership were banned and criminals knew for sure that every home was devoid of firearms .... every night would be time for "Trick or Treat" ! They sure as hell wouldn't be afraid of your baseball bat because they would have guns. Criminals don't care how many laws you pass against gun ownership. By definition, breaking laws is what they do.

Except that the "hugging" goes the other way.

Unfortuanately for you that _is_ the sense of his post.
Harry K

Amen to that!!
Harry K
wrote Re Re: Ah, the enjoyment of gun ownership and use...:

Well said Nate.

Stormin Mormon wrote:

I wouldn't call it homicide, more like stupidity. If the dude didn't shoot himself, he would have to live with it. Unless it was something other than a stupid "accident", I think the D.A. should not become involved.
Sad story.
--

"I don't like to discriminate against terrorists based on nationality.
If you declare war on the United States and you want to kill us,
G. Morgan wrote:

It WAS a homicide (the killing of one human by the act or omission of another). As to the TYPE of homicide, that's determined by the facts:
* The shooter intended to kill the victim = Murder * The victim bragged that he porked the shooter's wife = manslaughter * The shooter fired at a moving bush = Negligent * The shooter merely retured fire = Justifiable * The victim jumped from behind a tree wearing a deer costume = Excusable
G. Morgan wrote:

What if: The third person used number two's gun to kill both #1 and #2? After all, it's his word against nobody's at this point.

Excellent point. I think it's time to give Dexter a call.
HeyBub wrote:

Heh, I thought about that possibility too.
--

"I don't like to discriminate against terrorists based on nationality.
If you declare war on the United States and you want to kill us,
Stormin Mormon wrote:

It was always homicide. Homicide is not always murder. Homicide could be the execution of a prisoner under a lawful warrant or the killing of an enemy soldier in time of war. Homicide could be killing in self defense or via drunk driving. Homicide could result from a mistake on the operating table.
"Homicide" is the killing of one human being by the act or omission of another and is NOT, per se, a violation of law.

So you are so dumb you think the only way one can suicide is from a gun? amazing, even my mentally challenged cousin knows better than that.
Harry K
Harry K used improper message composition style by unnecessarily full-quoting:

Show me where I actually said that "the only way one can commit suicide is from a gun".
You're the one with a reading comprehension problem, you dolt. And I thought that english was your native language.
But since you brought it up, here - I'll rub your nose in this:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Suicide_methods
==========In the United States, firearms remain the most common method of suicide, accounting for 53.7% of all suicides committed during 2003 ========== So even if I DID claim that firearms was the MOST common or typical way to commit suicide in the US - I'd be right.
And given that there are something like a handful of guns per US household (just going by the raw numbers) it's a no brainer why guns are the method of choice for suicide.
Now go and straighten up you nose and use some common sense before you try to shoot me down.
On 11/27/2011 12:14 PM, Home Guy wrote:

Childish name calling will always reinforce your point...
George wrote:

Nice try at a diversion.
What were you trying to say here:
======== even my mentally challenged cousin knows better than that. ======== If that isin't a back-door way of calling me "mentally challenged" then I invite your explanation.
I note that you did not rebutt the more pertinent aspects of my response - an indication that you surrendered those points to me.
On 11/27/2011 1:03 PM, Home Guy wrote:

What diversion? You create a doesn't belong here post laughing about the loss of human life and then add childish name calling to make yourself look even sillier.

Seems you have some issues following the don't belong in this newsgroup threads you keep on starting. Not sure where you got the snippet from but it wasn't from anything I wrote.

What is pertinent about inappropriate posts for this group? Maybe you can have someone show you the numerous appropriate places you might go to post your definitely nothing to do with home repair material.
George wrote:

Another diversion - another way to say "I surrender".
Wana try again?
On 11/28/2011 11:04 AM, Home Guy wrote:

What diversion? I understand why you snipped out the almost the entire reply I made because it makes you look so silly in not even being able to follow the thread you started....