Ah, the enjoyment of gun ownership and use...

Except that the "hugging" goes the other way.

Reply to
krw

Ah, I see. A racist weapon. Yes, PC demands that they be banned.

Reply to
krw

Tautology Most crime is criminal on criminal

That's usually the case. Most people are sheeple

So ? Does it matter who imposes the tyranny ?

Tyranny is tyranny, no matter who imposes it.

Anything available on the black market Look at how effective gun-control has been in the last century History shows that ANY form of prohibition is due for failure

Finally you got something right Too bad you don't comprehend what it means.

Not everyone is strong or quick enough to use those successfully. At 60, I sure as hell, am not stupid enough to get into a fistfight with some punk 40 years younger than me. I'll just shoot the goblin

It has EVERYTHING to do with rights and freedoms All those other failures were all about a LACK of INDIVIDUAL rights and freedoms

There you go being ignorant again I do have the right to own a machine gun

More ignorance They don't qualify as "personal arms" as understood by the 2nd Amendment

More ignorance They don't qualify as "personal arms" as understood by the 2nd Amendment

Why would I want to be a (stupid and ignorant) pot-head like you ?

Reply to
Attila.Iskander

You're not supposed to It's dishonest argument

Reply to
Attila.Iskander

ONLY if you're stump stupid and can't read the 2nd Amendment for comprehension

there you go You proved you ARE stupid

Reply to
Attila.Iskander

Guns are not the "great equalizer".

Someone that's too weak (physically, emotionally, etc) to use physical force to commit a crime can more easily commit that crime by using a gun.

That presupposes that you always have a gun within easy reach, at all times, in your home or when out in public. That they're not taken from you during a struggle, used against you, stolen from you during these encounters.

Guns are not ergonomic replacements for physical ability when confronted with an un-armed assailant. Your own strength (if you have it) is something you always have with you, can be used instantly - reflexively, can't be taken and used against you.

When confronted with an armed assailant, there's no garantee that you won't be shot if you're unarmed. But if you are armed, the brandishing of your own gun will almost garantee a shoot-out, the outcome of which is far from certain.

You watch too much TV.

While I was under the impression that silencers and machine guns were generally prohibited across the board, it does seem that they are legal (if not hard to obtain and expensive to own) in some states, and illegal in others:

==================

NATIONAL FIREARMS ACT (?Class 3? weapons ) LEGALITIES

To our knowledge, the following States BAN the following :

Machineguns are banned in : CA, DE, DC, HI, NY, WA.

Suppressors are banned in : CA, DE, DC, HI, IL, KS, MN, MO, MS, NY, NJ, RI.

Some States would have additional requirements (like LA, MD)

One more ?kink?:

Machineguns (not the other NFAs) can only be owned by Civilians if they are registered as such by May 19, 1986. This is the reason that transferrable machineguns are gaining over 25% of value annually !!! ===================

Reply to
Home Guy

What if granny is the perp?

Reply to
Home Guy

You're right, and that tactic will generally succeed - until he runs up against a putative victim who also has a gun. For that reason, "home invasions" and "kick burglaries" have never been too popular in the south and west. About the third time (on average) the stink-eyes try that tactic, they are met with double-barreled Betsy.

Hmm. I DO have a gun within easy reach at all times. I have several handguns stashed in various parts of the house, I have a concealed handgun license and always carry one with me.

Let's think about struggles. I do not let a potential assailant get close enough TO have a struggle. If he refuses my command to "STOP. Come no closer!" with the next step he sees my gun. Should, however, I am disarmed by some fluke, I pull my BUG (back up gun).

Guns ARE a replacement for physical ability when confronted by an un-armed assailant.*

Three times I've been accosted by an armed assailant (twice in the Home Depot parking lot). Once the assailant had a tire iron, once the assailant had a piece of a 2x2, and the third time the probable assailant refused to remove his hands from his pockets. When they were somewhere in the neighborhood of ten feet from me, I drew my weapon and commanded them to back off.

You can learn a lot from TV.

"[Shooting team sergeant] Okay, then this is your statement: 'I followed the suspect to a rear bedroom where he opened the bottom drawer of a bureau. He withdrew a large-caliber handgun and pointed it in my direction. I, then, in fear of my life, discharged my service weapon.' "

"[Officer] Yeah, like I said, he went for his piece and I smoked him."

--------

  • True story. Shortly after concealed handguns became legal in Texas, a road-rage incident occurred in Dallas stop-and-go traffic. One van driver rushed to the driver's-side window of the second van, grabbed the driver's necktie and began pummeling the 2nd driver with his fists. The second driver drew his (now legal) pistol and canceled the assailant's ticket. The second driver wasn't even arrested.

There's a humorous coda to this story - at least for me. The first driver was a TRAINEE, his first day on the job. His supervisor was riding with him to show him the route. Now imagine the supervisor getting back to the office and slumping into the break room.

"How's the new guy working out?" some employee might ask.

"KIA, I'm afraid. We need to put the ad back in the paper..."

Reply to
HeyBub

Of course you would come up with such silliness.

Reply to
krw

Yours probably is. Good thing you live in that rat hole up North.

Reply to
krw

And yet, looking at the crime stats, they are the exception and not the rule Someone as you describe is not able to function on their own and depend on others for most everything in their lives.

Another false/dishonest/disingenuous posit from the hoplophobes

What makes you think that I don't ?

Another false false/dishonest/disingenuous posit from the hoplophobes that does NOT hold up when you look at the data. The opposite, people of all ages successfully defending themselves from much younger/stronger/faster/meaner criminals contradicts your claim

Another false/dishonest/disingenuous posit from the hoplophobes. Guns not supposed to be "ergonomic replacements for physical ability when confronted with an un-armed assailant.", whatever silly thing that may actually mean And yet statistically, guns do allow more people than not to effectively AND SUCCESSFULLY confront armed assailants

Another false/dishonest/disingenuous posit from the hoplophobes. The statistics prove otherwise This results in a) More than double the criminals being shot by citizens than the police b) ironically almost 6 times more innocent bystanders being shot by the police than armed citizens

Another false/dishonest/disingenuous posit from the hoplophobes. There are "NO GUARANTEES" to anything in life, except maybe death and taxes

Another false/dishonest/disingenuous posit from the hoplophobes. Your claim is unsupported by data The opposite is.

Probably watch far les than you Which does explain why I know more about this subject than you do.

Thank you for admitting that you are ignorant on this issue Now look at the post above and get ready to admit to even more ignorance

Nonetheless you're original claim was just another false/dishonest/disingenuous posit from the hoplophobes.

Reply to
Attila.Iskander

Sure bub, That's why the jails are full of grannies instead of young make punks. Too bad for you that the stats give say otherwise Apparently you are stupid enough to imagine that the exception makes the rule.

Reply to
Attila.Iskander

Vermont is a very left-wing state. Who cares how many Vermonters off themselves. Just fewer votes for Obama, that's all.

-- Steven L.

Reply to
Steven L.

They're so far left they've fallen off!

Vermont has three votes, no matter how many Vermin vote for him. A very good argument for the Electoral College.

Reply to
krw

Yes, but long before it turned into a trust-fund-kiddie, granola-cruncher, "workers' paradise" (with no jobs). The leftists have tried to change it, too.

Reply to
krw

However, time has a way of changing things. A lot happened between Ethan Allen and Bernie Sanders.

Reply to
krw