A crook caught

Page 1 of 3
The proprietor of a Pinellas, Florida based air conditioning contracting company has been recently charged and arrested on two felony counts of grand theft in conjunction with operation of an unlicensed air conditioning company. The details are as follow: James A. McClow, Jr. President Seminole Air Conditioning, Inc. 8615 Seminole Blvd. Seminole, FL 33772 Home address: 7298 Rosetree Place West Seminole, Florida 33772 DOB: 04/11/68 Charged: 8/10/05 with two felony counts of grand theft and operating an unlicensed air conditioning company. Arrested: 8/25/05 and 10/11/05 and free on $10,000 bond. Pinellas case: CRC0515558CFANO CTC0522253MMANO

Because he was operating without a license or what?
--
Paul's cat got a furball and kept saying weasel's name.

*Hack* *Hack* *hack*
Bill wrote:

http://stateson.net/ac/home_ac_fl_complaint.txt
Home-moaners - wanna know why you 'takes your chances' buying HVAC over the Internet and 'DIY'ing' ???? Read on.
wrote:

    Geez, what a nitpicker !!!!!!
http://stateson.net/ac /
    I suppose he's going to claim 'coil damage' on THIS ??? There's just no telling with some people ....
http://stateson.net/ac/DCP_0014.JPG
Pick Pick Pick !!!!
http://stateson.net/ac/DCP_0015.JPG
Hey, a little hammer action and it'll be OK !!!
http://stateson.net/ac/DCP_0016.JPG
And a little silicone, good as new !!!
http://stateson.net/ac/DCP_0017.JPG
This probably made him feel better !
http://stateson.net/ac/exhibit_a.doc
"Mr. Stateson, Thank you for contacting Goodman Mfg. According to the information provided, this unit was purchased via the Internet. Our warranty states that we do not honor any warranty on products purchased over the Internet. Your current situation is one example of why Goodman does not recommend units being purchased over the Internet .
Please contact HomeAC.net for any further assistance.
Thanks
Byron Kirkwood Goodman Consumer Affairs"

http://www.theanimalrescuesite.com /
.p.jm@see_my_sig_for_address.com wrote:

Yeah sure, whatever. The whiny HVAC "techs" will continue to fight their losing battle against the day A/C installs are as simple as plugging in a toaster. I know a number of folks who successfully installed mini-splits, and the day is coming when the larger stuff will be plug-n-play too.
The HVAC industry only has itself to blame as their ranks are full of no-account, lazy, dumb-ass techs who charge full fare for sub-standard work. They act like carrying a hose set entitles them to neurosurgeon pay, when many can't multiply 12x12 in their head!

I guess you haven't seen the new stuff thats been federaly mandated and coming soon to an HVAC tech near you. 13 SEER split heat system pumps are not exactly "plug and play" as you insinuate.

Pot, kettle, black???

I guess you must use the lowest bidder neurosurgen?? Or do you do your own??

No, the HMO does that for you.
Amy.

And if I had a dollar for every moaner who has told the story of having someone other than a legit contractor do it because it was a dollar cheaper....
You shouldn't hiring techs. You should be hiring licensed contractors.
Most moaners problems stem from hiring the unqualified. But hey. You get what you pay for.
--
Paul\'s cat got a furball and kept saying weasel\'s name.

*Hack* *Hack* *hack*
Bill wrote:

Oh yes, the "licensed, insured" contractor. You must mean the guys who have a salesman in the office and and a girl who actually answers their phones? I've dealt with their ilk on several occasions and they seem to have the same dumb asses working for them as well. Ex.: A $6K heat pump system they installed stops working after two weeks, so they send out Mr. Earring. Earring boy replaces a circuit board, the same one, 4 times over a two week period, and then tells me that my attic is too hot, and they're not going to replace it under warranty again. I call Mr. Fatass, the owner of HVAC Supremo and tell him that he needs to send out a competent tech, one who at least finished high school. They send out their "best man" and he determines the problem is a short in some god damned outside wiring. He is gracious enough to apologize for my lost time, and admits that half the guys in his shop are total fuck-ups.
So maybe I'm one of those "home-moaners" who expects to get what they paid for. Pardon the hell out of me, Mr. HVAC asshole.
On Sat, 03 Dec 2005 17:12:41 -0700, Tim Killian

No, what you found is a company with at least one incompetent tech, if not more. You deal with it or find another company that has a competent staff. Its the same in this business as it is in car mechanics, doctors, lawyers and even the local store in your hometown. Some people/companies suck and others are great. Get rid of your suck company and find a great one. Bubba

Earring boy has cousins who work here, too. One is a mechanic down at the Ford garage where I get my truck worked on. Another works at the HVAC company that services my equipment. Several of them work at restaurants around here. One earring boy cousin works down at the carwash and smears the windows for each of the customers.
Fucking earring boy's family! Those assholes should not be allowed to reproduce. That is about the only thing they can do well.
Oscar_Lives wrote:

There's an inverse correlation between the size of someone's brain and the minuteness of the trivia they use to differentiate themselves from people to which they wish to feel superior.
The more minute the minuteness the bigger the brain? I think he just gave you a heluva compliment, Oscar.
One thing, RJ. Oscar wasn't the one complaining about Earring boy. He was responding to the whiner. Oscar often participates in a technique called sarcasm. It's usually so obvious that all but the most casual observer have no problem detecting it.

Science seeks to make theories that
are so beautiful, elegant, and logical

Cost and whether a company has a girl to answer to their phone isn't what I meant by qualified.
I'm sure the earring guy appreciates the training he got on your dollar.
Just what criteria did you use to hire these company's?
What did you ask for.
--
Paul\'s cat got a furball and kept saying weasel\'s name.

*Hack* *Hack* *hack*
On Sat, 03 Dec 2005 17:12:41 -0700, Tim Killian

Yes unfortunately that is how it is. Im in the trade and have been for a long time and you are 100% correct. Heres the real deal. The owner has the license and his flunkies work under that license. Most owners with employees dont have any clue about the nuts and bolts end of the biz.
Ive seen assholes come out of school with a god damn associates degree in HVAC and they could not for the fuckin life of me tell me which way a fan blade or blower wheel has to turn to move air. Its just sad but the chances of getting a licensed professional fuck up are far greater then getting someone who has a clue and it just gets worse as the years roll by.
"Bill"> wrote

Licensure in no way insures competency.
But hey. You get

Actually, if you hire someone that has paid ransom to the state (you call it licensure) you are getting a little less.

How ya figure that? You think that the unlicence hack will do a better job cause if he DOES get caught he did it right? Or that he does not WANT it to screw up so you call the state and complain?
Licenced companies that screw up pay a bigger fine (we should know better) and face jail time. Gee..I wonder who is gonna do the better job..the hack that will be hard to find, or the established company? Its a potshot for sure, but you DO have recourse with a licened and insured company, you have zip with a hack.

Well, you can start by reading the messages in this group from people that have been ripped by licensed companies. By having to pay the state ransoms, licenses, mandated insurance, workmans comp., etc., etc. the licensed company must charge more than the unlicensed for a comparable service. This is Basic Accounting 101 which you seem to be ignorant of.

I believe good people will do good work, and licensure does not insure good work.

OK, you've admitted that licensed companies srew up. So what is your argument with me?

Neither one is immune to doing a bad job, and you know it.

Are you being deliberatly obtuse or what? If you are damaged and can prove it you have recourse for restitution in the courts or arbitration regardless of who did the damage. The small time unlicensed guy that is simply trying to put bread in his mouth may not be able to afford the cost of lawyers, like the large corporation, can and may be more likely to do a good job. You have not made a case for licensure. And before you get your knickers in a complete emotional twist, I have held 3 state licenses since 1986. In no way would I refuse to accept good work from someone simply because they didn't pay state ransom, and people would should be professionally examined.

Umm...basic licence fees here are $150 a year..so..you are telling me that I have to charge 150 bux more over 365 days...ok... Basic Accounting 101....customer pays for all, but when the customer is already paying less than the other rapist in town, with us..guess what bucky? No one notices..its called cost of doing business. And BTW..around here, its the hacks that are charging out the ass. Its one reason out of many that if you get caught, its a felonly.

Ohh....86? Wow..those that know me know what I was doing in 86....and trust me...it required several licences. You support hacks...we dont..deal with it

"CBHVAC"> wrote

<yawn> Are you always so emotional?

You're terrified of losing business to more credible persons, thus your embarrassing emotional displays. Deal with THAT.