A/C - How to protect the sill?

I have brand new Anderson windows that I want to install a couple A/Cs in.
How can I protect the sills from condensation? Is there something I can put between there?
I was thinking of taping a plastic bag on top of it...
-CF

I used room air conditioners for quite a few years and never found condensation under them. They dripped out the back of the units. Assemble something out of 2x4 lumber for the units to rest on. Anyplace the wood contacts the windows, sills or AC units, they should be covered with thick weatherstripping to minimize noise and contact damage. Design these wooden things with a slight slant that facilitates proper draining.

Properly installed the water should drip from the outer edge of the unit if it drips at all.
I have protected my windows from improper installation using a small field formed piece of metal flashing. Plastic might work as well.
Colbyt