Subject Author Posted Replies

OT If only.
If only she'd a had a six shooter, she'd a sorted him out good. This footage was taken whilst monitoring the Heythrop Hunt. Hunt members all over the country often use the tactic of holding up...
21
21

Sodium lamps or ballast going bad?
Awl -- Got a cupla 70 W jobbies to light up what the city won't light up, and after about a year, one goes off, on, off, on with that whitish glow, rather than the sodium yellow. Is this the bulb...
3
3

Cost for stump grinding?
And be careful when it does. My wife stopped in the spot we had a stump years earlier. Her entire leg went into the hole causing minor injury. Thankfully, there was someone there to help her out of...
17
17

Drilling advice needed.
Does your drill press do left? Can you use a reverse fluted drill bit? Christopher A. Young Learn more about Jesus . I usually somehow manage to remove a broken bolt but in this instance that is not...
14
14

Trailer hitch lock is stuck
You already did the oil and hammer method. Try to hammer harder!!!! It's junk anyhow..... If that dont work, use an angle grinder and cut it off. Thats a no brainer.... Of course you'll have to buy a...
8
8

Flowers
Anywhere, no care: day lilies, sedum, hosta, iris, lavender, lamb's ears (delicate but pretty), coral bells (not showy flowers but hummers like them) Shady (filtered sunlight-everything needs some...

Electric cord falls off of mower, wacker
My electric cord falls off of lawn mower. It always did this once in a while but it's gotten much worse. It also falls off of my weed wacker. Any helpful suggestions? In both cases, I use the provided...
13
13

Shampooing Stairs
I need to shampoo my stairway and am considering buying a buffer/sander to use for this purpose. I've seen a crew using one on a TV ad, but don't know which buffer/sander to get. Can anyone recommend...
7
7

Candelabra base LED light that last.
In early 2010 we bought several packages of the Lights of America 1.5 watt candelabra base LED lights. They have a claimed life of 30,000 hours. (That is 3.42238376 years if they were lit 24 hours a...
9
9

Weed control around hedges (English boxwoods?)
Hi all, hoping for advice from someone with a green thumb here... friend of mine has a house that was vacant for a while before he bought it so all the landscaping went to heck. One thing that still...
2
2

oddness in toilet mounting plate
It sounds like you are describing a normal lead and oakum joint. It is the old standard way to make up bell and hub cast iron waste lines. Once you did dig out the poured lead was there a hard packed...
2
2

Help bfore the wife comes home! (What makes a kettle black?)
Oh oh I left the shiny pot on the gas stove and all the water boiled out. Here's a picture of the damaged pot works - but it leaves marks. What makes the shiny metal blacken? What solvent will get it...
34
34

OT: CT man has nuclear cardiac stress test - gets pulled over by state police
Crazy. Totally crazy. Radiation detectors in state police cars. And you wonder why you're so deep in debt as a country. Because of crazy-ass spending like this. Doesn't matter how many rights and...
3
3

OT: Facebook Co-Founder Saverin Gives Up US Citizenship Before IPO (2023 Update)
Saverin, the billionaire co- founder of Facebook renounced his U.S. citizenship before an initial public offering that values the social network at as much as $96 billion, a move that may reduce his...
19
19

clad casement window weather seal
It sounds as if you need new gasketing. 3M weatherstrip adhesive would be quite common to use to hold one in. Readily available at good auto parts, etc - usually comes in black, yellow, or clear.
1
1