Subject Author Posted Replies

Electric cord falls off of mower, wacker
My electric cord falls off of lawn mower. It always did this once in a while but it's gotten much worse. It also falls off of my weed wacker. Any helpful suggestions? In both cases, I use the provided...
13
13

Shampooing Stairs
I need to shampoo my stairway and am considering buying a buffer/sander to use for this purpose. I've seen a crew using one on a TV ad, but don't know which buffer/sander to get. Can anyone recommend...
7
7

Candelabra base LED light that last.
In early 2010 we bought several packages of the Lights of America 1.5 watt candelabra base LED lights. They have a claimed life of 30,000 hours. (That is 3.42238376 years if they were lit 24 hours a...
9
9

Weed control around hedges (English boxwoods?)
Hi all, hoping for advice from someone with a green thumb here... friend of mine has a house that was vacant for a while before he bought it so all the landscaping went to heck. One thing that still...
2
2

oddness in toilet mounting plate
It sounds like you are describing a normal lead and oakum joint. It is the old standard way to make up bell and hub cast iron waste lines. Once you did dig out the poured lead was there a hard packed...
2
2

Help bfore the wife comes home! (What makes a kettle black?)
Oh oh I left the shiny pot on the gas stove and all the water boiled out. Here's a picture of the damaged pot works - but it leaves marks. What makes the shiny metal blacken? What solvent will get it...
34
34

OT: CT man has nuclear cardiac stress test - gets pulled over by state police
Crazy. Totally crazy. Radiation detectors in state police cars. And you wonder why you're so deep in debt as a country. Because of crazy-ass spending like this. Doesn't matter how many rights and...
3
3

OT: Facebook Co-Founder Saverin Gives Up US Citizenship Before IPO (2023 Update)
Saverin, the billionaire co- founder of Facebook renounced his U.S. citizenship before an initial public offering that values the social network at as much as $96 billion, a move that may reduce his...
19
19

clad casement window weather seal
It sounds as if you need new gasketing. 3M weatherstrip adhesive would be quite common to use to hold one in. Readily available at good auto parts, etc - usually comes in black, yellow, or clear.
1
1

Eggs: the ultimate burn treatment
A young man sprinkling his lawn and bushes with pesticides wanted to check the contents of the barrel to see how much pesticide remained in it. He raised the cover and lit his lighter; the vapors...
3
3

How to know a picnic is a success?
Tonight I'm going to a church picnic. I'm thinking in my mind, how will I know if the picnic is a success for me? I think I'll be looking for: * Get to chat with other folks from church. * Someone...
16
16

After market car window tint
Hi, My kid's car was purchased second hand and it came with the tinted windows. One day cop gave him a warning for it being too dark which is cause for ticket. Anyone has an experience removing this...
37
37

What can ice blockage in plumbing supply lines damage?
What did they do to help? Preventing it being inaccurate. So, it was spot on? What does HUD stand for, in Sydney? Not Housing Urban Development? Do you have a pet kangaroo? Christopher A. Young Learn...
5
5

Propane OPD tank question
With a "new" OPD propane tank. If a person were to connect a propane line to the tank, tip it upside down, and open the valve. Would that deliver liquid propane to the appliance? Christopher A. Young...
23
23

What is this inground pool wall actually made up of (gray, blue, white)
In another thread, I was advised to acid wash my pool walls to remove what appears to be crystalline calcium deposits - but - I stopped after doing only one section because of finding no plaster in a...
2
2