Subject Author Posted Replies

Need help with grounding rod, please.
I have a piece of rebar, 36" long, 1"dia. that I want to use as a grounding rod for an electrical fence. This rod has a lot of rust on it so my questions are, should I wire brush, or sand this rust...
51
51

What does hz/ph mean?
60 hz, single phase.
45
45

door jamb question
Refer to these pics in the URL below and in particular where the tape is near the bottom of the door jamb. Can I just splice out say 6" of the wood where taped and just splice in another or do I need...
15
15

HONEYWELL VISION PRO 8000 BATTERY CHANGE
The batteries in my Honeywell Vision Pro 8000 are weak and the low battery warning is flashing. When I change them (3-AAA), will I lose all the programming, or only the date & time ??? The manual...
3
3

Rust remover?
The lid of my top-loader washing machine shows rust in a small area (the edge of the inside rim). If allowed to continue, this rusts will stain our laundry items. The machine is about 10 years old and...
9
9

OT: When you have a REALLY fast fastball...
"What would happen if you tried to hit a baseball pitched at 90% the speed of light?" "The first thing you see is a blinding light, far outshining the sun. This gradually fades over the course of a...
2
2

OT: Sick Canadians fleeing to the south
"A Canadian study released Wednesday found that many provinces in our neighbor to the north have seen patients fleeing the country and opting for medical treatment in the United States. The...
23
23

The most unsafe car ever?
"Never mind the fact that this is a Ford Pinto, a car that has been plagued by safety issues throughout its life, most notably a serious rear fire hazard. No, it's the incredible state of disarray...
43
43

Lapping Drip-Edge?
How the heck do you overlap this type? http://www.lowes.com/Search=34911
2
2

How difficult is it to "build" a door?
This is a continuation of the "Sagging Garage Door" saga from 06-17-12. What with the Big Heat, etc, it's not practical to repair the door. Have been to Lowes, Restore, etc. Can't find suitable...
73
73

OT - wheels straight for safety
Today (July 10, 2012) there were radio reports of a vehicle crash, near me. I searched for it on the web, but did not find it. What I remember is: Driver of vehicle killed. (insert name) was sitting...
5
5

home A/C and R-22 - cost per lb
Just wondering what the A/C service companies are charging for R-22 these days. I called for service on our home A/C unit, and the basic showup charge is $85, but forgot to ask the R-22 per lb...
121
121

Hollowing out a book
Anybody ever carve up a book to conceal something within? I considered: 1. Clamping the pages down between thin boards and attacking the result with a jig saw. 2. Again clamping the pages and going...
37
37

satallite TV
I have satallite TV and am charged monthly by the number of receivers on line. I can readily buy the receivers and got to wondering how does the satallite company know how many I have hooked up?
26
26

Kudos
to Polaris Technologies. Put in a house full of windows 18 years ago with Polaris windows. Glass was guaranteed for 25 years. Had 4 windows with seals broken. One phone call to the manufacturer had my...