Subject Author Posted Replies

Where can I buy ducting wall cap?
I give up!! I just need an 8 inch diameter duct wall cap cover with NO damper built in that will accept the male mating surface of the 8 inch diameter right angle elbow going into it. Again, NO...
13
13

OT: Auto AC
I hope their are some knowledgeable AC mechanics who can help me troubleshoot my auto AC. Simply put, the compressor kicks on and stays on, but very little cool air is coming out. I thought if...
16
16

So let the rains come down...
"[EAGLE POINT, OR] Gary Harrington was also fined more than $1,500 for nine misdemeanor convictions for filling his reservoirs with rain and snow runoff that the state says is owned by the Medford...
20
20

How to Undo Tornado Damage
If a tornado damaged or destroyed your home, yard, or out buildings, you CAN undo the damages. The tornado must be returned to the location of the damage, and it's rotation must be reversed. As long...
2
2

Semi-OT: Manly jobs self-select for, um, manliness
"Some women may be deemed ?too hot to hire? in more masculine workplaces, according to a University of Colorado-Denver study. Attractive women are overlooked for certain jobs, including ?manager of...
2
2

Need help with replacement swamp cooler pump
Hi All, My swamp cooler (Champion RWC50)pump is taking long and longer to start every morning. It is an Essick Air Product Model CB-6600 rated at 8L/min. Now 8 L/min makes sense. If I were to hook it...
24
24

what is this called
I have a Moen bathroom faucet and at the end of the faucet there is a metal band or ring that screws on to the end of the spout that holds the screen- filter for the water coming out. What is this...
18
18

OT: Shooter wants to know how movie ends!!!
Holmes Wants To Know How Batman Movie Ends, Say Jail Workers I bet he wants snacks,too. He should be told the Joker kills himself so he'll kill himself....

drilling 2x4 - wood bit vs twist bit ?
My son needs to drill some clearance holes thru some 2x4's - to hold some carriage bolts. He said to bring over my wood bits... but I said the normal twist would do just fine for these 1/4" or so type...
21
21

cabinet install question
I'm gonna install new base cabinets in kitchen for the 1st time ever. Need advice on leveling hardware from anyone with experience. Sooooo many different types etc. I really like the "ez- level"...
3
3

Sander recommendation
Need a sander for occasional light use. Mostly just new trim work & maybe to soften some edges on a few handrails. What brand/kind would you recommend? Thanks!
7
7

Whirlpool Washer Knocks On Agitation - Found ? Part
This washer makes a loud "knock" as it agitates under load. Spin cycle is fine. Transmission rotates smoothly by hand. I pulled the transmission to see if there was a loose part in the clutch/brake....
3
3

OT: Idiot Sightings
IDIOT SIGHTING: I handed the teller @ my bank a withdrawal slip for $400.00. I said "May I have large bills, please?" She looked at me and said "I'm sorry sir, all the bills are the same size." When I...
37
37

Roof slate online?
On Tue, 24 Jul 2012 10:29:18 +0000, harry.yates wrote in Re Roof slate online?: Yes No
3
3

Flush trim bit
What is the difference between a flush trim bit and a laminate trimmer bit that you would use for trimming a laminate countertop sheet edge. Thanks, R
10
10