Subject Author Posted Replies

Spring tab on Hoover Steam Vac fell out
My Hoover Steam Vac has spring tabs on the tank that allows the cleaner and the water to flow or stop. The tab that regulates (shuts off/opens) the cleaner tank has come out and I can't get it to stay...
1
1

OT, Any Willie Nelson Fans?
This cracked me up because I remember those days. ^_^ TDD Willie Nelson from 1965 -Sings 'Hello Walls' - 'Funny How Time Slips Away' - 'Night Life' - 'Crazy'
23
23

Trane air handler rumbling noise
My new Trane inside air handler makes a rumbling noise that is driving me insane.
2
2

Dryer Vent And Lint Question
Hello, My son has the typical home gas fired clothes Dryer, and a vent tube leading to the outside. I stuck my hand in it from the outside, and removed a fair amount of Lint. But my hand, of course,...
11
11

clapboard exposure
I'm putting up , 1/2x6" finger-jointed cedar clapboards. (actual board width is 5 1/4") Nominal exposure seems to be 4". My spacing around a window would work better if i went to 4 1/4". I'd...
7
7

Sheet vinyl vs. tile ??
Small basement bathroom (5' x 8') on concrete slab, new construction. Sheet vinyl = no seams, harder to install (for me), more expensive (have to buy the full 12 foot width. Tile = easy install, but...
42
42

Lowe's/DeWalt 1/2" 18 Volt Drill
Lowe's is running the DeWalt 1/2" drill with 2 - 18 volt batteries and a charger for $99. Since I have several other yellow tools where my 2 batteries are starting to show signs of needing...

Ryobi miter saw (TS1343L) has no lock plate?
It's mentioned about a dozen times in the manual but it's not shown in the figures.
1
1

Adverse Possession
Let us assume a hypothetical situation in which you have been maintaining property which meets the criteria for adverse possession as given according the following statute: Let us further assume that...
89
89

Lawnmowing in a straight line gadget
I often end up mowing the lawn in the evening with the light fading, and aging eyes don't help. Sometimes it's hard to see the edge between mowed and not. I end up missing a strip, or mowing a half...
15
15

Commercial estimating (exterior)
Hello all, I am trying to come up with a price on an exterior of a hotel. I am just starting out on my own and have been primarily a residential painter most of my career. I have no problem looking at...
1
1

"Hybrid" toilet design ?
Obviously, there's a big difference between modern home toilets with tanks, and the commercial-style toilets seen in public restrooms. But in a couple of businesses, I've seen toilets that _look like_...
2
2

Faraday cages
I want to turn my trailer into a large Faraday cage. The outside walls & roof are tin. How much foil do I need inside on the floors/walls & ceilings in order to get a true Faraday cage? . Christopher...
34
34

cedar deck rot repair question?
OK all you deck people. Several years ago I had my rather large deck completely replaced due to rot. The new deck used white cedar from the great northwest. I was told that it is extremely resistent...
2
2

Smile like a Refrigerator
Have you seen that appliance touchup paint that comes in a small container and has a tiny brush inside. Well, it's not just for your refrigerator anymore. Buy the pure white type, and make your smile...
1
1