Subject Author Posted Replies

Wiring an Emerson Electric Baseboard
I bought an old farmhouse & I'm in the process of rewiring. I have looked everywhere on the unit but can't find if it's 120, 220 or what. I tried to search online but I'm left with more questions. I'm...
19
19

Pool and deck resurface
We're resurfacing and re-tiling our pool, spa and deck. It's the biggest home improvement project I've ever (had) done. BUT...I'm not doing the pool. :) I thought about doing the pool and decided to...

Carrier Heat Pump
I need some advice please. I recently had a Carrier Heat Pump installed. The air conditioner works perfect. Now we are into fall and I noticed that even though the temps are still above 47 degrees, my...
32
32

Wifi thermometers
Do most of the Wifi thermometers (NOT thermostats) have the ability to access them from WAY for away. I am looking for a (relatively) cheap way to keep tabs on the temp in my house while I am...
35
35

Clogged dishwasher drain hose: Thanks for all your help!
A while back, I had asked folks here for some advice about unclogging my dishwasher drain hose. Your advice was very helpful, thanks. Frankly, the TSP did not clear the clog by itself. I followed your...
1
1

Repaint concrete porch
OK, the old paint is pretty much scraped off with the aid of Jason stripper. Will try a final sanding with my home sander. Not up for renting a monster. Then I need to apply a (preferably) thick layer...
13
13

Iron and ? in well water....
Curious about stuff in water line to my pond, which is a fibber-mcgee arrangement of clear plastic tubing hooked to outside hose faucet. It is 1/4" ID and simply lies across the lawn for 100' because...
2
2

Reading glasses
Some of us need to wear reading glasses to do home repair (thus why no OT in the subject line). My question. I can go to the optometrist and have all the tests taken and then get glasses costing...
49
49

Noisy water valve
In our garage there is a cold water supply valve for our house. Whenever we run water in the house, flush a toilet, or run the washingmachine, the valve makes a loud pumping noise...
20
20

Are fiberglass hammer handles better than wood?
I prefer a wooden handles because depending on the force of each strike, I can holder the hammer higher or lower for most comfortable grip.
3
3

Is this fixture installation code compliant?
Picture a shed with 3/8? SmartSide siding. Picture a motion sensor fixture mounted on the outside of the shed. The fixture is screwed directly to the siding through the holes that would normally be...
16
16

What happens if you connect 240 device with 2 of same phase?
I recently got a Champion 4000wpeak/3500w continuous generator that has a 1 20v 30a output. I hooked up my elec panel with a 30a breaker with an interlock, ran a 10/4 and a generator inlet box...
13
13

OT: College tuition rip-off
Our college-age children are being ripped off by Wall Street not just in Ca lif, per below article, but in **every*** state! On the one hand, we're told that our children will never get good jobs with...
22
22

materials used in natural gas
what type of material can be used in natural gas lines in home use pipe,fittings,ect.
5
5

Good news about safety.
Now we can relax! HB WASHINGTON (The Borowitz Report)?A new study released today indicates tha t Americans are safe from the threat of gun violence except in schools, mal ls, airports, movie theatres,...