Subject Author Posted Replies

Folow-up2 on replacing broken wooden fence post.
Folow-up2 on replacing broken wooden fence post. Well, AFTER I removed the stub of the old round wood fence post, I manage to make about 5 mistakes, even though I hadn't made a single mistake up until...
5
5

What is the point of gravel in the bottom of a post hole?
What is the point of gravel in the bottom of a post hole? Is it to keep the post from sitting in water? Say the hole is 24" deep with 2" of gravel. When the water line is 22.2" below the surface, the...
2
2

Best flood light with motion sensor to distinguish a person from wind?
Best flood light with motion sensor to distinguish a person from wind? Years ago, I bought a non-brand name device with places for 2 floodlights and a sensor to turn them on when it was dark out and...
9
9

DeWalt drill battery question
I managed to fry one of the batteries to my DeWalt 18v drill , and I'm a bit confused ... My batteries are model DC9098 . I find all kinds of replacement batteries , and one of the most common is a DW...
19
19

Female Columbia cycling uniform.....
are you blind man?
10
10

Removing toilet closet flange
One of the slots for the bolts that holds the toilet to the flange is cracked. The flange and drain pipe are both PVC, cemented together. I tried using this internal pipe cutter to separate the...
8
8

Washer Drain Overflow
This has been working fine, but over time, the connection leaks and it drains out onto the floor before the drain can catch up. What do you think about adding a tee like this? This way, the drain...
23
23

Nutty California judge awards 1.6M over 2x4s not being 2" by 4"
91
91

Surveyor's Drawing
I have a surveyor's map of a property. Never having been trained on these things, I am having trouble understanding the notations. The property is irregularly shaped with many angles around the...
1
1

Identify snake?
Can anyone identify this snake? (104k image) My daughter's cat brought it home as a gift and I'm wondering about it. For scale: that gray thing behind the snake is about 4" tall. Thanks
23
23

Bridal Room Decoration Latest Ideas
bridal room decoration : special and attractive decoration for a bride's room,impressive tips containing: furniture,flowers,wall hanging,lighting ..etc porkbun.com | parked domain
3
3

Repairing a screen door
I'm at my parents' house this week, clearing fences, doing repairs and stuff. The last thing on my list is fixing the torn screen door. The old screen is aluminum (probably purchased a long time ago),...
5
5

Mounting a bracket on a brick wall
Greetings, everyone! I'm planning to use tapcons (just remembered the name - got CRS syndrome) to mount the corner bracket mentioned in my other thread to the outside brick wall of my house. I also...
26
26

Thermostat/Boiler Help
We have a boiler heating system in our house with 3 thermostats or heating zones. Two of them are working fine but the third, in the back part of the house, won't shut off. It will kick on when we...
1
1

Thermoplastic?
My backyard cement flooring was a mess from a recent cement job. The job c ame out nice, but the guys left a remnant of whatever they used on my cemen t ground surrounding the area they repaired.. I...
1
1