Subject Author Posted Replies

The cost of air conditioning
I bought a new 6,000 BTU air conditioner yesterday. There were a few to choose from in the $189 price range. We bought our first window shaker for the bedroom the summer of 1967, one year after we...
12
12

Pocket Hose Question
Anybody here have one of those 'as seen on TV' hoses that magically expand and then shrink back to their original short length? I bought a 25' one today as I have a new soft sided waterbed that will...
30
30

OT Insuring a package
I am sending back an item that only cost 10 bucks and I am being charged a 3 dollar restocking fee. I plan on taking a picture of the package with postage stamped on it at the post office. I figure...
11
11

Do they make a Corrosion Contact Cleaner for autos
Posted May 29, 2015 Under my truck there are a few cables with plugs. One goes to the transfer case for the 4WD, which controls the lights to indicate it's in 4WD. The contacts are corroded. In all...
6
6

What to use to clean stove grease
Posted May 29, 2015 I just bought a used gas kitchen range (stove). It's in good shape, but the "pan" under the 4 burners is coated with grease. I left it outdoors and tried to hose that crud off, but...
7
7

Aerostar again
"Snuffy "Hub Cap" McKinney" Nothing obviously loose underneath. Bushings look good. Any ideas what to check before I head to the mechanic? I took it to 2 general mechanics I have used. First one is...
14
14

OT very much. How can they remove a kidney for transplant laparoscopically?
Very OT How can they remove a kidney for transplant laparoscopically? Kidneys aren't big but they're not small either. The article says it was laparoscopic.
14
14

50A 240V GFI Circuit Breaker Tripping with nothing connected to it
My pool pump has sub-panel with a 50A 240V GFI Circuit Breaker. It was not coming on this morning. First ----- The breaker, which also has a GFI, wasn't tripping but I measured no voltage at the load...
30
30

Building a shed base
I am buying a rubbermaid 7x7 resin shed for my yard. I was asking around ab out how to make the base and was told to go with 4x4 treated wood frame wit h treated wood plywood on top. I was wondering...
7
7

would a 1 inch hole weaken rim joist?
An electrician drilled a one-inch diameter hole in my house's rim joist while adding a new circuit. A half inch hole is sufficient to pull the romex through but a larger hole is more convenient for...
7
7

Sorta-OT HP printer problems
My HP 3510 printer is giving me fits , keeps throwing a paper jam error even with no paper in it . I've had it almost completely disassembled , after a thorough cleaning it printed exactly one test...
42
42

(OT) Are there any *NEWS* Websites that still post photos?
I was out and about nearly all of the holiday weekend so I did not spend any time on the computer. I heard from others about all the flooding in the south, mainly Texas and Oklahoma from what I...
15
15

Those Philips LED two-packs
I recall the announcement saying they would be available in both cool white and warm white. All I see at my Home Depot store is the warm white (yellow) and not the cool white (white) which is what I...
7
7

Gas power washer from Lowes
I have a $350 5 year old gas power washer from Lowes. I used it maybe twic e. Whenever I start it, it revs up, but then dies down 10 seconds later. I cleaned out the carborator and changed the spark...
3
3

zurn-wilkins 975xl 1 inch repair
I am looking for this test cock I went to Home Depot and verified that the two ends are : 1/8" Male Thread X 1/4" Female Thread. It disassembles where the inside has a 3/8 fine threaded nut facing the...
2
2