What to use to clean stove grease

Posted May 29, 2015

I just bought a used gas kitchen range (stove). It's in good shape, but the "pan" under the 4 burners is coated with grease. I left it outdoors and tried to hose that crud off, but it's really baked on. Dish detergent did not help much. It's not easy to get under the pipes and stuff to scrub it. Is there some cleaning solution to remove that stuff? I thought of oven cleaner, but I believe that needs to be applied to a hot oven, which I cant do. What do other people use for this?

Thanks.

Reply to
Jerry.Tan

\ Lye

Reply to
dadiOH

As long as the "pans" are not aluminum.

Perce

Reply to
Percival P. Cassidy

Which can be found in drain cleaner, or oven cleaner.

I'd try the oven cleaner, might do the job even if it's cold. If you can get the pan out, a pressure washer might do the job for you.

. .

Reply to
Stormin Mormon

ZEP aerosol can for kitchen/auto. Spray on, wait, wrap in plasic, let sit for hours, then rinse off.

Didn't hurt aluminum, metal, nor plastic. Didn't even hurt hands, ...too much.

Bought first can at Walmart, and never found the product again!

Reply to
RobertMacy

Would you like to find the product again?

If memory serves, Home Depot has that product line.

If not, then disregard above information.

. .

Reply to
Stormin Mormon

I wonder if some sort of automotive cleaner would work. Would some type of hand cleaner like orange Goop do any good?

Reply to
Dean Hoffman

Here is your solution. Get a can of Sokoff. It removes baked on grease and carbonized deposits from all metals, it is even safe on aluminum. I've used it to remove heavy deposits on a commercial waffle maker. You can find it online; do a Google search. You will want to wear heavy rubber gloves.

Reply to
Ameri-Clean