OT Insuring a package

I am sending back an item that only cost 10 bucks and I am being charged a 3 dollar restocking fee.

I plan on taking a picture of the package with postage stamped on it at the post office.

I figure that is about as much insurance the package is worth.

Reply to
Seymore4Head

my sources tell me - not to insure...

marc

Reply to
21blackswan

If the item was only $ 10 and you are paying $ 3 restocking and probably a couple of dollars shipping, I wouls not be worth the time to do that. I think I would just keep the item and find a use or give it to someone.

A few yars ago I ordered something off Ebay on a buy it now item. It was 10 connectors that were listed as something it was not. They were about half the size as they were advertised. As it was only around $ 10 I sent the seller a note (they had lots of items for sale) stating that it was the wrong size and not as advertised, but due to the low price it was not worth it to ship it back and said I may find a use for them. A while later they sent me a note saying that I was right and the size was wrong and they were going to credit what I paid back to me .

Reply to
Ralph Mowery

I left out a couple of details (OK I lied). Since I ordered the thing from one of Amazon's suppliers they are going to give me a 3$ credit for the restocking fee and as soon as I find out how much the shipping is, Amazon is going to refund that too.

If the package goes missing, we will see how far I can get with the photo.

(It is a power supply) 4oz

Reply to
Seymore4Head

If they are refunding shipping, have them refund insured shipping, no?

Reply to
taxed and spent

.......Yes!

Reply to
Seymore4Head

I have never insured a package in my life. I send things USPS priority with tracking and I have never lost anything.

Usually on small value things that are defective or just the wrong part, they give me a credit and tell me to keep what I have. I have 2 bad USB sticks sitting here as we speak (from Ebay) and both were credited, no return requested.

Reply to
gfretwell

USPS Priority /is/ insured, says it right on the box.

Jon

Reply to
Jon Danniken

And, if I'm not mistaken, UPS is insured up to $100 unless you pay for more

Reply to
ChairMan

I guess the real issue is how many things are actually "lost in the mail" these days. That does not include things that are simply stolen off the front porch or out of the mailbox after it is delivered.

Reply to
gfretwell

On 05/30/2015 12:02 PM, snipped-for-privacy@aol.com wrote: ...

Lost is less my concern than damaged for stuff with much value...

Reply to
dpb

A UPS sort facility had lots of stuff go missing.

they aadded some security cameras.

their guard was carrying stuff out and stealing merchandise

Reply to
bob haller