Subject Author Posted Replies

Garage door
Hi, We have a "double wide" (17'?) *insulated* garage door. As such, the internal structure of the door is largely hidden. Across the length of each of the "panels", a metal "stiffener" is attached....
16
16

mower deck rust
I am servicing/cleaning my riding mower and am seeing rust on the deck..........what can i apply to stop or slow down the rust?
10
10

OT Uber and drunk driving
Portland Oregon. Daughter's housemate sitting on front porch, 8am. Me, "no work today?" Her, "waiting for my Uber ride. Company party after work yesterday and didn't want to drive thereafter. Left car...
7
7

Realistic Security Chain ?
Not Fort Knox, just a kayak, stored on the beach in a salt-water environment. Windsurfing shop nearby had a bunch of boards stolen couple years back and the perp used bolt cutters on the cables. What...
12
12

Roof nail extension question
I'm working with some church guys on a roof shingle project. The compressor is in the garage, at the power socket. There is air hose going to the air nailer, which is in use on the roof. A couple...
17
17

Adhesive for Shredded Rubber?
The hard rubber pad on one of my (automotive) Rhino Ramps went missing. I w ant to make a new one. I am thinking of stuffing shredded rubber from an ol d tire, rubber mulch, or floor mat into the...
1
1

Outside Painting Question
Hello, Have a typical Colonial with horiz. wooden siding. The typical. Needs a paint job, but not sure how this would be handled. About, perhaps, 5% to 10 % of the paint is peeling. O.K., I can...
8
8

OT: Mobile users pay as advertisers transmit unsolicited video ads in the background
From: "The one BIG issue I do have is the huge number of VIDEO ads that load automatically, especially on desktop browsers, but also on mobile. It is unacceptable that such a large amount of bandwidth...

rusty van underside
Has anyone painted that rust rejuvnator paint on the bottom of a rusty vehi cle. I have used that stuff near my gas meter. The paint peels the lines rust, s o perhaps every 5 years I knock off the...
4
4

Troubleshooting LG 12k Window A/C?
This unit has worked finel for quite a number of years. But suddenly this past month, after a particularly hot and humid spell, the compressor will NOT shut off. Even if the unit is powered off the...
2
2

What type os stones to use?
Want to put stones over part of garden, what type is likely to deter my dog from digging it or using as a toilet? I'm thinking larger sharper type but not sure. kenny
2
2

OT Win 10
Turned off all the privacy settings, those that gather info. Now machine turns off normally without taking a minute or two to send stuff to them. Still think MS has made a serious mistake. They think...
10
10

Motion detector light will not go off
My motion detector spotlight stays on all night. What can I do to reset it?
12
12

OT - man's universal weakness
*MAN'S UNIVERSAL WEAKNESS IS WOMEN (EXCLUDING HIS WIFE PERHAPS )*
1
1

IRC tires
I'm giving away my over 40 year old ten speed bike today. It's been hanging on a hook in the basement for over 15 years...but before that it gave me 25 years of good hard use. Inflated the tires and...
2
2