Subject Author Posted Replies

Permanent tie of rawhide shoe laces
Wire tie from bread wrapper? The old double knot?
8
8

refrigerator circuit board repair for GE
The guy I used recently retired, but there are many of them out there. Repairs are usually half or less than new. Try Yellow Pages or Google
8
8

Dry time for coats of spray paint
I just bought a new, outside rearview mirror for my car but I need to spray-paint the mirror before I bolt it to the car door. The directions on the spray cans of Dupli-Color Perfect Match paint say...
24
24

Roxul in a 2x3 wall?
Hi, My basement has 2" XPS foam against the concrete walls (glued and taped and sealed), with a 2x3 stud wall over that. Can Roxul 3" batts be squeezed i nto a 2x3 stud wall? Or will that just be an...
7
7

EPA caught VW cheating - how does the car know it's being tested?
Apparently Volkswagen/Audi cheated on the USA emissions tests since 2009 to 2015 by turning off the EGR to lower nitrogen oxide emissions ONLY when the car was being tested for emissions. REFERENCES:...
213
213

LONG Quarter cylinder defuser
I would prefer to make a fixture onto which the "lens"/diffuser could be attached and supported. This is "living space" so appearances are important. The "color" of the light is always important. I...
4
4

Counterfeit (Fake) batteries?
I bought package of 4 AA Energizer Lithium Ultimate batteries the other day on eBay. Exp. date was like 2025. First time trying Ultimate model. I always used Lithium batteries in my weather station...
6
6

More about how mosquitoes bite
More about how mosquitoes bite, although I've forgotten if I found this or if someone here posted it. Almost live video. See it's nose bend almost 90 degrees The video below shows a brown needle that...

AquaTherm Furnace - I only get hot water if the turn the heat on PLEASE HELP!!
I live in a condo and have an AquaTherm furnace and my problem is I only get hot water if I turn on the heat. It is not much of a problem in the colder weather but in the summer I have to put the heat...
3
3

Any suggestions for two 50-gallon propane water heaters, leaking, in series?
Any suggestions for two 50-gallon water heaters, leaking, in series? Both were installed no later than 2004 (based on the serial plate date), and both are 50 gallons, propane fired water heaters....
23
23

WWII Bunker House
From the Daily Mail U.K. Asking price 275,000 pounds and no shower? Free URL redirection service (also known as URL forwarding). Register a free subdomain name and redirect it to your existing URL! No...
1
1

What are these tanks?
This is from a slide show of a house in the middle of a pine forest in Utah. The house has a metal roof, and the trees come right up next to the house. This would be an odd way to store water in case...
11
11

light socket
Here's a good one. I only need the guts for a push through light socket and HD has a whole socket for 3.48. 3.48! It ought to be 75c, maybe 1.40 allowing for inflation. So i go to Amazon, and trusty...
6
6

OT, cooking hamburgers, microwave stuff
OT, cooking hamburgers, microwave stuff 1) hamburgers, especially thin ones, in a skillet. If I cook the hamburger on one side for say 4 minutes and then on the other side for 4 minutes, how does that...
2
2

Deck screws in PTW wood
I know my late mom's deck was a cheapo effort. Still, got PTW for the decking boards. Now, all the screws are rusty and pulling out and the wood is going bad, no doubt due to no kinda deck...
45
45