Subject Author Posted Replies

Proper drain pipe size
I am running my downspouts to buried pipe to be piped away from my house. T he side I am working on has two downspouts. I am also adding about 5 small atrium drains. The underground pipe that will...
2
2

Idiot removes structural brick wall below 12' steel lintel....
A local guy is redoing an old store to make it into a bar. On the rear of the building there was an opening into an addition which was demolished. Over that twelve foot opening in the structural wall,...
4
4

Do they make Florescent Tubes (bulbs) longer than 8 foot?
Do they make Florescent Tubes (bulbs) longer than 8 foot? The 8 footers are fairly common in commercial buildings, but I've never seen any longer than that. Actually, I dont think I'd want to handle...
5
5

top 10
so many undefeated... 1 Ohio State (7-0) 2 Baylor (6-0) 3 TCU (7-0) 4 Michigan State (7-0) 5 LSU (6-0) 6 Clemson (6-0) 7 Utah (6-0) 8 Alabama (6-1) 9 Florida State (6-0) 10 Notre Dame (6-1) 11...

Have Truss but do I have a Load Bearing Wall?
We would like to take down a wall that runs in the center and the length of my small bungalow. We have a crawl space. There are two cinder block posts on cement pads in the crawl space. They are both...
15
15

sink faucet running slow
I can hear a 'click' and the water runs slow. It is a high tap for the kitc hen. No idea what brand but thinking Delta. The other water faucets in the house are fine. I cleaned the screens but think...
8
8

Which PEX clamp is better?
I was looking at the PEX clamps and tools at the Hardware store. There are two types of clamps, and each uses a different tool. One is solid ring which says it's copper, even though it's black...

Want to hear a scam
I use Cigna drugs. This is a valid Cigna number. It has been running a commercial for at least 5 different offers. 800-351-3606
3
3

OT: Walmart LED Sale!
60 W equivalent, non-dimmable, $2.44 (bought 4 and no problems...instant-on)
31
31

Harbor Freight 20% Off, No (Physical) Coupon Needed.
Perhaps this has been covered before, but HF (at least the one near me) will accept a smartphone image of a current 20% off coupon. They will simply enter the numbers from the image in the computer...
3
3

Tire Tread Noise?
I had PS860's on the car and had good use out of them. Did not notice any tread noise. This time I put PS850's on the front and they sing like snow tires. Will need to replace back tires also, so I'll...
13
13

which "common" wire for furnace
Hi, We're replacing our 1970's mercury thermostat with a modern programmable. The existing wire is 2 conductor, and has 24vAC (I confirmed with voltmeter ). We replaced the wire with a...
7
7

Hand tools
With the advent of Harbor Fright, it seems like expectations in hand tool quality has gone into the toilet. Aside from the freebies (which are, now, no longer free), I think I've purchased a utility...
60
60

keeprite 90+single stage furnace. Leaks water from bottom right corner
I have a Keeprite 90 + single stage gas furnace. It is working well, except that water leaks from the lower right corner of the of the transition assembly (p.n, 1012280). I have cleaned out the P trap...
3
3

A letter that I sent to Home Depot that I never got an answer to:
How is it that I can find and order this Glacier Bay part at Amazon but your stores don't carry it or even knows how to order it even though Home Depot owns Glacier Bay?
5
5