Subject Author Posted Replies

Roof Shingles And Underneath Rubberized Layer ?
Hello, Live in Mass., so snow and ice in the winter is a big concern. Will be having our roof shingles replaced. It was suggested, strongly, that I insist on having them use, also, a rubberized sheet...
32
32

remote controlled timer
What about using a inexpensive thermostat to control a relay to apply power to the pump? You wouldn't even need the timer. Set the temp point so low that the thermostat will always call for heat. Once...
11
11

Hummingbird Feeders
.22 LR , they learn quickly .
9
9

Can someone identify this appliance logo please?
Photobucket
4
4

Shimming a toilet
I have a wobbly toilet and I want to fix it before it works lose from the wax ring and leaks. Is this something I can do or should I call plumber? Do I need anything special or just the wood shims...
10
10

Need to Join Tire Hose with Pressure Gauge
I want to connect the bottom pistol grip of my digital air pressure gauge with the compressor hose of my Schumacher XP2260 portable jump starter. I need to know which Quick-connect adapters are...
4
4

Galvanic Action/Scale, metal corrosion, from a roofing estimate
Galvanic Action, metal corrosion, from a roofing estimate Galvanic Action - Dissimilar metals in contact with each other will undergo a reaction in the presence of water. This is called galvanic...
1
1

Hose repair kits
My neighbor gave me a hose, good quality except the leak. It looked like a lawnmower nicked it. The big box store had three choices, at $2, $6, and $8. The cheap kit was a plastic double male ferrule...
24
24

Whirlpool Fridge lock up during an apparent power glitch
My less than a year old Whirlpool French door fridge locked up in the off state from an apparent power glitch. There was no indication on the control panel that it was off. Unfortunately we were away...
62
62

Exterior House Painting ?
Though I'd not call my self an expert, my buddies and I worked our way through college by painting houses. The peeling paint must be thoroughly scraped first. We used scrapers and coarse wire brushes....
5
5

What faucet adapter do I need?
So I bought a used portable dishwasher. It has a funky litttle connector you put on your faucet in place of the aerator, and then it quick connects to the hose on the dishwasher. this looks like the...
3
3

Good guy wins again
You're behind. This is old news
15
15

Wattage for a Gas Water Heater
According to: A GAS water heater uses 500 running watts, and 1500 watts to start it. What the fuck? Gas water heaters dont use ANY electricity......
26
26

OT: Ping: Uncle Obsessive Monster
Why is it that you are so obsessed with bodily functions? It seems that many (if not most) of you posts deal with farting, shitting, pissing, etc... It seems like you can't control yourself.

Auto Question: What are these shock absorber-like things called
I'd call 'em window lifters. Believe me, your parts house guy will know, if you describe them as you have above. Different brands will probably use different names. Today I went to Ace hardware to buy...
8
8