Subject Author Posted Replies

Galvanic Action/Scale, metal corrosion, from a roofing estimate
Galvanic Action, metal corrosion, from a roofing estimate Galvanic Action - Dissimilar metals in contact with each other will undergo a reaction in the presence of water. This is called galvanic...
1
1

Hose repair kits
My neighbor gave me a hose, good quality except the leak. It looked like a lawnmower nicked it. The big box store had three choices, at $2, $6, and $8. The cheap kit was a plastic double male ferrule...
24
24

Whirlpool Fridge lock up during an apparent power glitch
My less than a year old Whirlpool French door fridge locked up in the off state from an apparent power glitch. There was no indication on the control panel that it was off. Unfortunately we were away...
62
62

Exterior House Painting ?
Though I'd not call my self an expert, my buddies and I worked our way through college by painting houses. The peeling paint must be thoroughly scraped first. We used scrapers and coarse wire brushes....
5
5

What faucet adapter do I need?
So I bought a used portable dishwasher. It has a funky litttle connector you put on your faucet in place of the aerator, and then it quick connects to the hose on the dishwasher. this looks like the...
3
3

Good guy wins again
You're behind. This is old news
15
15

Wattage for a Gas Water Heater
According to: A GAS water heater uses 500 running watts, and 1500 watts to start it. What the fuck? Gas water heaters dont use ANY electricity......
26
26

OT: Ping: Uncle Obsessive Monster
Why is it that you are so obsessed with bodily functions? It seems that many (if not most) of you posts deal with farting, shitting, pissing, etc... It seems like you can't control yourself.

Auto Question: What are these shock absorber-like things called
I'd call 'em window lifters. Believe me, your parts house guy will know, if you describe them as you have above. Different brands will probably use different names. Today I went to Ace hardware to buy...
8
8

The best email company out there.
The best email: https://mailinator.com/faq.jsp
4
4

OT How strong need my password be?
OT How strong need my password be? "We do not impose any restrictions with regard to passwords, but we ask our users to be responsible and to choose sufficiently strong passwords to properly protect...
33
33

Homemoaners Hub & example.com
Does anyone answer the posts from this site? I don't have it KF yet but I see new posts as my reader parses the old ones. I assume it's just another spam op.
7
7

new washer rant
But, comrade? Isn't it worth any ammount of money to save the planet we live on? Al Gore must be horrified with your choice. BTW, my washing machine is a Whirlpool top loader. Belt drive, not direct...
54
54

How to pick the right chain for a chainsaw
I went to an auction and bought a small (10" bar) electric chainsaw, which is mounted on a pole. It looks real handy for trimming work. It sold cheap, so I bought it, minus the chain. Except for the...
2
2

This has become a very Scary World to live in.
For the last 35 years I have never needed to set an alarm clock. I have a built-in bladder alarm. I know how much water to drink, to wake up at any specific time.
33
33