Hummingbird Feeders

Anyone have hummingbirds in their backyard. Check out these hummingbirds. ^_^

[8~{} Uncle Humming Monster
Reply to
Uncle Monster

We have 2 feeders for the hummers , a seed feeder and a suet block feeder for others . On a normal day we'll see White Throated Sparrows , Red Belly Woodpeckers , Downy Woodpeckers , Cardinals , Chickadees , Tufted Titmice , House Wrens , Nuthatches , Bluejays , Crows , Vultures (cruising overhead) , an occasional Indigo Bunting , almost-daily Pileated Woodpeckers , and Red Legged Hawks overhead fairly often . At night the Chuck Wills Widows (similar to a whippoorwill) serenade us to sleep .

Reply to
Terry Coombs

We have 2 feeders for the hummers , a seed feeder and a suet block feeder for others . On a normal day we'll see White Throated Sparrows , Red Belly Woodpeckers , Downy Woodpeckers , Cardinals , Chickadees , Tufted Titmice , House Wrens , Nuthatches , Bluejays , Crows , Vultures (cruising overhead) , an occasional Indigo Bunting , almost-daily Pileated Woodpeckers , and Red Legged Hawks overhead fairly often . At night the Chuck Wills Widows (similar to a whippoorwill) serenade us to sleep .

How do you handle the squirrels????

Reply to
hrhofmann

Does the hummingbird feeder nectar have vitamins, essential minerals and protein in it? If the hummingbirds keep drinking this and don't get their proper nutrition will they not suffer?

Reply to
Molly Brown

They seem to thrive. I just use a 4:1 mixture of water and sugar. They also eat a variety of insects for protein. I think the sugar is just to keep their wings going.

Reply to
rbowman

They obviously need the extra fluid.

Greg

Reply to
gregz

.22 LR , they learn quickly .

Reply to
Terry Coombs

Are you talking about the little burrowing owl? We have them here too but they are threatened/endangered. Cats are the biggest problem but that is a problem with a lot of birds and small animals. I see cats as invasive exotics and have no problem making them disappear. There is a "cat farm" I take them to where they can play with balls of yarn and drink cream out of a silver bowl all day. That is my story and I am sticking to it.

Reply to
gfretwell

My solution:

jk..... nb

Reply to
notbob

Oren posted for all of us...

That's how I used to attract wimmin in bars. I's sit there and lick my eyebrows.

Reply to
Tekkie®