Subject Author Posted Replies

What is a "Waterless Urinal"?
I was recently at a store where they had a unusual looking urinal. Above it was a sign that read, "Waterless Urinal" and it went on to say "safe for the environment". There was no flush handle and it...
15
15

Flooded Tent at Campground (with no sump pump).
Over the weekend I was camping and we had a bad storm. One of the guys had his tent located right where all the water runs off of a roadway, and he had a small creek running thru his tent and he had...
2
2

How to skip that stupid message
Micky wrote in news: I seem to remember that you could call your own number long ago - 50s? 40s? -I seem to remember dialing it, then hanging up, and it would ring. But that may not be right, because...
34
34

My website on Brooklyn parquetry floor borders
For the past year I have been visiting houses in Brooklyn taking pictures of the floors. I go to open houses and take house tours. Before I created the site I was unable to find any resources on floor...
10
10

What is this bug with tailhooks
I've been going au naturel so far this summer. That is, no screens in the windows. Last fall I had no insects at all in the house. It amazed me. But this year there are a few. Almost all of them I...
6
6

Fastening leach line to septic tank
I agree with trader. If you have water coming up, the field is clogged or you have a broken pipe from the tank to the distribution box or the leads going out from there. Have the tank pumped and watch...
4
4

Can NiMH and NiCd batteries use the same charger?
Each battery chemistry has a different ideal charging regimen. A Nimh charger will charge nicads afely, but a nicad charger is not recommended for Nimh.
7
7

Water dripping from dehumidifier
Okay, a drip could be from a clog somewhere, I can check that. Or it could be from a frozen coil, which means the unit is trash. Any other ideas?
13
13

OT - One Of These Things Is Not Like The Other
Aerosol cans, at least the butane ones, are designed to blow out a seam in a controlled fashion, not just blow up.
15
15

ceiling fan wiring
No, it doesn't. There is a remote with fan and light controls. On the bright side there is also a bracket that gets installed over the existing wall plate where the remote can be placed. Unfortunately...
21
21

How are they spending so much, or why are owners getting so little?
And AFAIK the details haven't been make public. VW will have to buy back some of the cars. It's not clear if the $1K to $7K to owners includes that, I suspect it doesn't, ie whatever cars they buyback...
8
8

Lav sink: what is the stopper value called?
Very few come with the drain. Most come with nothing and the faucets have a matching drain assembly with them. My laundry tub did have a drain, bathroom vanities, no.
8
8

Fridge Runs Excessively
You must be related to Danny D. He goes on endlessly about things, also. We should introduce you. I'm glad someone out there still works on older equipment. The modern throw away society is a bit too...
55
55

Horizontal streaks HP LaserJet 3200m scans
+1
31
31

How do I start my lawnmower with little effort?
The mowing is as bad as the starting. I'd be hiring the job out for a while.
8
8