Subject Author Posted Replies

OT/IT'S A MAN THING
You're an asshole .
7

Roof tiles made of bitumen?
I accidentally spotted some A5 sized pieces of roof felt/bitumen (like we use on garages and sheds here in the UK) on an American house, placed to look like tiles. Is that common over there and why?
7
7

Abrasion On Cu Water Pipe: What To Wrap With ?
Platinum is not hard...how about your head?
14
14

OT: Junk Mail Mitigation Techniques?
Close family member.... good-hearted, generous person but increasingly lacking critical-thinking skills. This person keeps giving money to organizations that mail donation requests. From the outside,...
15
15

Deck cleaner
A couple of years ago i replaced the deck boards with beautiful tiger wood boards Nice as they were, in spite of an oil finish the wood had turned grey over time. Anyone have experience using a deck...

To OSB or Not to OSB
That is the question. I'm going to take out the carpet from our living room and install tile. The subfloor is 3/4 OSB. Can I just put tile backer board on top of this or no t? If so, should I go 1/2...
8
8

OT. Burger Bot.
Oh, no! What will those minimum skilled workers do without their minimum wage job?
13
13

Best Asphalt Driveway Sealer? Experiences?
Last one I used: Similar price. Asphalt is over 90% sand and rock and is porous. Needs to be sealed particular from water freezing and thawing in winter. You can do it yourself, job will be better...
19
19

For all of you "second hand smoke" ninnies.
I'll bet every one of those "studies" went something like this. Take the tar and chemicals from the smoke of 1000 cigarettes that accumulate on the surface in some very confined space, smear it all...
184
184

What ever happened to COLORED Toilet Paper?
Colored toilet paper matters.
44
44

backyard swing project
The one thing I'd suggest would be using stainless lag bolts and washers. Ratchet wrench to put em in. Clear holes for the lags, and pilot holes (and grease) for the tree. - . Christopher A. Young...
17
17

(OT) Why do you use Facebook?
Who said I wasn't concerned with what you think? The mere fact that I have tried to point out the error in your assumption shows that I care. That certainly doesn't mean I'm offended. Once again, it's...
52
52

Do you rely on Symantec?
An attacker's unopened email is enough to compromise you.
6
6

sump pits and septic sump pits
In my case < and the common standard here-abouts afaik > the outer edge of the foundation footing - through perforated plastic tile - sometimes wrapped - drains into the basement sump ( plastic "pit"...
7
7

Popular Science Or Popular Mechanics For Gift Subscr. ?
Hi, I would like to get my son a subscription to either Popular Science, or perhaps Popular Mechanics. I see that both are (still) publishing, but seem a lot thinner than I remember them. Might I...
10
10