3M SCOTCH 70 Self Fusing Silicone Rubber Electrical Tape

Anyone used this ?
Does it stay fused and last for a long time ?
3M SCOTCH 70 Self Fusing Silicone Rubber Electrical Tape
On Wednesday, June 25, 2014 10:05:35 PM UTC-5, Andy wrote:

Thanks for all the replies. :-)
Andy
On Thursday, June 26, 2014 5:38:25 PM UTC-4, Andy wrote:

OK, I've never used the 3M product, but I actually bought the "as seen on T V" stuff that has a similar description. I have used it for a few emergency plumbing repairs and it works great. A couple of turns over an actively le aking pipe, and it seals to itself. One pipe held up that way outdoors for six months before we did a permanent repair, I see no reason why it wouldn' t have lasted much, much longer.
I can't speak to it's electrical properties, having never used it that way but again, my experience isn't with the 3M stuff.
On Thu, 26 Jun 2014 14:38:25 -0700, Andy wrote:

I think almost none of us have used the stuff. So, you'll have to tell us.