Electrical putty vs. silicone for sealing exterior electrical holes?

I just use regular silicone. GE makes a good silicone. I'm not to familiar with electrical putty.

Reply to
Mikepier

What is better for sealing around holes in the house where wires enter and exit -- electrical putty or silicone?

Reply to
blueman

Assuming you don't need the additional electrical insulation, then I would use silicone.

Reply to
Joseph Meehan