Subject Author Posted Replies

Outdoor gas pressure regulators
I lived in Brooklyn, NY in the 70's and 80's, they had started installing pay phones it seemed on every corner (after 100 years without needing to do that). I was told it wasn't about crime but...

A tasty bean soup with ham.
I thought some may enjoy this Ingredients 1 (16 ounce) package dried navy beans 7 cups water 1 ham bone 2 cups diced ham ¼ cup minced onion ½ teaspoon salt 1 pinch ground black pepper 1 bay leaf ½...
25
25

on topic: sleeve pullers?
Hi All, On topic, how about that! The standard sleeve pullers only fit one of three possible threads, and not the one of which typically have. So I was thinking of this sleeve puller: guys ever use...

back yard wedding
In Carolyn Hax, an online advice column, woman wants a simple backyard wedding. "My sister started telling me I have to plan for parking, bathrooms, permits, chairs, a tent for bad weather, alerting...
13
13

How many grams of carbon dioxide for 2 liters of 40 degree water at 35 psi?
The calculations never troubled me before today because it just works. But I'm suddenly tasked with manning the carbonation science booth for at the local neighborhood summer block party and I want to...

I am trying to operate a 50 Watt Mercury Vapor bulb for my lighting collection but at this time and age there is nonthing out there
Is there anything at all ( I tried every lead possable) to operate a 50 W GE Mercury vapor bulb. Is this a loss cause?
3
3

OT Get this:
OT Get this: The urologist wanted 2 tests before the next appt. I checked my records and I've had the tests recently. I wanted to email him about them. His business card has a webpage and a fax...
17
17

Car repair question
Recently replaced the five year old battery in my car and that solved the problem. Battery was weak and after sitting for 24 hours, the voltage dropped to 12.0 volts and car would not start. Back in...
26
26

Inexpensive way to warm 150 gallons of water outside during the ten to five sunny hours?
I bought a 150 gallon Rubbermaid tub to take baths outside it won't get warm enough on its own. I can put gallon-sized "milk jugs" outside and they DO get boiling hot. So there's something about the...
29
29

New York City Sinking
Too many skyscrapers are making the city sink. Trump did it, of course. <> The city is sinking at a rate of 1-2 millimeters per year, scientists say, under the weight of its towering skyscrapers. It...
2
2

paying for drinks on buynothing or venmo
In a bar or restaurant, is it possible to pay for drinks through the BuyNothing or Venmo apps?
4
4

AHr people will like this
AHr people will like this Like A Boss Compilation / Funny And Satisfying Videos For Relaxing #35 Like A Boss Compilation / Funny And Satisfying Videos For Relaxing #35
1
1

Electric power washer safety
I have a gas Simpson 2400 psi. It is a pain in the butt. Looking at electric. My big question is how can it be safe? With my gas one I have water everywhere possible. What can I not get wet with...
6
6

Preserving weathered wood?
My FIL built one of those garden wishing wells out of untreated 2x4s about 20 years ago. He polyurethaned it, but that has long-since worn off. He passed away and my MIL asked that we try to...
6
6

Starter Doorknob
From the Onion. <> FINDLAY, OH—Calling it a great investment and an important step toward building long-term financial security, first-time homebuyers Adam and Celeste Conley told reporters...