Subject Author Posted Replies

Why are extension cords hard to use?
Have you noticed that extension cords are much harder to use than 30 years ago. It used to be easy to plug something in and pull it out of the triple end, but now it's hard. How come. It's also hard...
52
52

Ibought a wall elec fireplace.
On Tue, 12 Nov 2019 14:47:59 -0800 (PST), Thomas wrote: That probably should be on a dedicated circuit and if you are doing that you could put the receptacle behind the fireplace as long as it can be...
4
4

OT: taking messages?
Should have been "text them"
17
17

OT stupidest demo ever
... someone please show this idiot how a snow brush works so much faster . . duh ! ... there isn't any frost or ice at all under the light fluffy snow that he is so slowly removing . . a snow brush...
6
6

Corrosion on hot water heater pipes
Is this hot water heater pipe corrosion normal? (1) Needs to be connected by a nipple, only brass available (2) Will the new brass nipple corrode just like the old did? (3) Hot water outlet nipple...
1
1

Free Food for Vets
The local tv station said Texas Roadhouse has free food for vets today. Bring proof of service. No idea if it's local or nationwide.
1
1

Central heating query
It's possible it has nothing to do with your son playing with the remote. If you take the batteries out of it, push the buttons a few times, then leave it without batteries for an hour or so, that...
7
7

Firestorm FS1800D Drill. Chuck Retaining Clip
I have a Black and Decker Firestorm FS1800D Chuckless Drill. I must have lost the retaining clip because the chuck began to slip. I looked at an exploded schematic online and realized that I was...

Wired smoke alarm battery?
Was checking my smoke alarm batteries and noticed that they were all measuring above 10V! I am now thinking that wired smoke alarms apparently trickle-charge the batteries? Thus you should use only...

Carb on Tecumseh engine leaking gas
I have a 5 hp tecumseh snowblower. Whenever I tilt it back fuel leaks out of the top of the bowl. Last year I took the carb apart and cleaned it. The gasket seemed fine to me so put it back and the...
3
3

Does steering lock up with faulty pump?
Another PIpple's Court question: Plaintiff says when he drove, the steering would lock up. One time he used the word froze. Turned out he needed a pump. He didnt' say what car he drove, but are...
4
4

Re: Anderson Windows Storm windows?
WE purchased Andersen double hung, double pane windows for our house. We also purchased the Andersen storm window combination that is mounted in the windows,rather than on the house. This made our...

Roll roofing rip off
I’m having a rubber roof torch down being put on and I caught the guy only torching the seams, about 5”, how can he fix the areas he already poorly did. How bad is this only having the seams...
3
3

Does anyone really need to be a billionaire?
Does anybody need anything but food, clothing and shelter? Although I'm not as fond of billionaires as T, I recognize that they provide a lot of economic benefit. I suspect they still would provide a...
111
111

Gasoline is back!
Why washing machines? I've got a relatively new (2013) washer that works just fine and wasn't much more expensive than the one I bought in 1989. Cindy Hamilton
61
61