Subject Author Posted Replies

Curtain track slow curtain close
I put on plastic glove and took cotton ball outside and sprayed with pledge spray. Went inside and ran cotton ball in track few times. Surprised by gunk. Curtain closes smoothly. I hated to pull on...

cable modem dropping telephone calls
My landline phone is by a cable box. I get the internet and phone by it. Could get TV but use Direct TV. About once a week when I am on the phone the service breaks up so bad that we can not use the...
7
7

FIOS box batteries
Youtube has videos of transformers exploding. When they go, sometimes they go in a spectacular way.
26
26

Finding a hinge that matches what was on the door.
I guess he could try spray painting the existing ones and see if it might be good enough. Nothing to lose.
13
13

Strangest Tire Question EVERRR...
I just noticed something interesting when it comes to 'averages'. o All you need is the tread width & the aspect ratio & rim size. That is... o For a 40 series tire, it's 2x40, i.e., tread area times...
5
5

Do I need to paint over Kilz
From a Kilz rep "Thanks for your question. Our primers are not stand-alone products, so it's best to topcoat them for long-lasting results. This primer can be left uncoated for up to 30 days before...
6
6

Brick Anchor
I need to permanently mount a piece of art work (around 10 pounds) on an outside brick wall. I see there are a variety of different types of anchors like double expansion shield, sleeve anchor, wedge...
22
22

OT: Edger Blade
My apologies for posting this off topic home related comment in this political newsgroup. Wondering if anyone ever but a saw blade, or any other type of blade, on their power edger? I tried it with an...

Light humor
A contractor friend of mine said that in his 35 years of experience, residential roofing subs are about the bottom of the subcontractor barrel!
6
6

<DELETE SELECTED MESSAGES>
That's just how I roll.

What are these steel channels I see attached to electric poles?
I've noticed that many wooden electric poles here have recently been updated with a steel channel, double u shaped, about ten inches wide, extending from some level in the ground up the side of the...
30
30

Available now, a remedy for the virus.
Kits to purify your mouth, throat, and stomach. $75 plus $1.25 shipping. I will ship within 24 hours. With practice, you will be able to also purify your lungs and your duodenum. If you are not good...

Sewer cleanout not physically attached to sewer pipe
On my current home, fresh water comes in from the street on the uphill side of the property, and the sewer goes out toward the street on the downhill side of the property. There are two sewer...
3
3

Tall slot on 3 prong adapter something I just noticed todayT
Those little 3 to 2 adapters (that you can never find when you need one) have one of the flat slots taller than the other, just like the plug on a polarized appliance does. I never noticed before...
34
34

How not to neutralize bleach.
On Sat, 25 Apr 2020 16:29:04 -0400, micky wrote: They put a little tablet of Sodium sulfite in our E-Coli sample bottles to neutralize the chlorine that might be in the water. It will "unbleach"...
1
1