18 volt tool bulbs

HF has 18 volt light and drill combo. With the "pistol magazine" style battery. Another unit with a "slide on" battery.
But, they don't list replacement bulbs. Will the 18 volt Skil or Black and Decker bulbs work?
--
Christopher A. Young
Learn more about Jesus

likely LED lamps they should outlast all of us here......
Add pictures here
✖
Stormin Mormon wrote:

I would use 24V bulbs,They last much longer, and any shop for garages or even fueling stations have them.
Add pictures here
✖
I would not have thought of that. Thanks.
--
Christopher A. Young
Learn more about Jesus

If the base of the bulb and socket are the same styles, I don't see why not.
Add pictures here
✖
On 9/13/2010 12:06 PM, Stormin Mormon wrote:

You may wish to consider Ryobi, who makes a 18v light. I'd look at the socket, if you knew the HF type.
I'm not that crazy about the light though, the little multi LEDs are more even and handy. Incandescent is history, even the Amish use LEDs.
Jeff

Add pictures here
✖
With any luck, the HF lights are some bastard design of bulb which isn't compatible with anything else. But, who can tell. I hate buying a tool, break a part of this or that, and can't find replacement parts. Filament bulbs are such an item.
Filament bulbs still have thier uses. When you want white light (not blue fog) and when you need a light to shine a distance. Though, the LED mag lights are very good. The mag or Garrity or Nite Ize bulbs sold separately are blue fog.
I can easily imagine Amish folk using LED. Much more economical.
--
Christopher A. Young
Learn more about Jesus
On Mon, 13 Sep 2010 20:50:38 -0400, Stormin Mormon wrote:
[snip]

(that's yellowish)

Add pictures here
✖
part:

Although I agree that incandescent is yellowish, I see how many people like it.
Personally, I tend to like something whiter, but less blue than most white LEDs are. What I really like is a color about that of incandescent and halogen lamps pushed to approaching immediate burnout, around 3600 K, maybe achieving closer to 3700 K. Or carbon arcs, around 3900 K.
Nowadays, the variety of white LEDs is increasing and they continue to improve. However, I have yet to see any 3500 or 4100 K LED flashlights. (I have modified one into 4100 K and another into 3000 K by getting such LEDs and using them to replace the higher color temp. ones already used.)

✖
The lights that I find to be pure white. Include the D cell Mag lights with the factory installed LED bulb. Most Mag equipment, has krypton or Xenon bulbs, which tend to be good white.
I agree, most inexpensive lights with filament bulbs tend to be yellow light.
--
Christopher A. Young
Learn more about Jesus