18 volt battery in 12 volt drill?

Page 2 of 2
Matt wrote:

Should be really stupendous on my 10kV xfmr then, eh? No, wait! I got a big, OLD, color TV out in the shed; what's that, 22kV? Hey, I'll have all you guys beat! I'll post back when I git it woikin'.
m Ransley wrote:

LOL!!!! Your tongue must be danged near sticking out thru your cheek by now! Hey, I got an old 10,000V oil burner xfmr; yeah! Let's try that one Tim!

I put instant coffee in the microwave oven and went back in time. -- S.Wright
Charging a 12v in an 18 volt charger will not hurt the 12v battery if it is a modern peak charger as most good chargers are. Peak is detected by Voltage drop of cells. RC chargers can , depending on model charge 4- 16 cells, voltage is the same it is amps that control rate of charge. Now if you charge a 18v pack in a 12 v charger it will never charge fully. Another way of finding peak charge is when the pack just Starts to get warm. A warm pack means electrical energy is being converted to heat, a bad thing to do to cells. Unfortunatly heat can be generated by the charger itself so voltage drop method is more accurate. They will not blow up or catch fire overcharged , they just loose alot of their life, they cook.
Well, if you get a dewalt cordless drill, and then build an adaptor for it, to run on house power. Havn't you just reinvented the electric plug in drill?
--

Christopher A. Young
Learn more about Jesus
m Ransley wrote:

Been a long time since I"ve had this much fun just TALKING about screwin'!
Well, gotta go look for that xfmr now. Hmm, think I had a conductformer somewhere, now where did I put that?
</pop>
Nevermind all this wussy stuff. I put a #2 phillips tip on my 10 CFM air ratchet, wtih 400 foot pounds of torque, and 200 blows per minute.
(OK, well, I didn't do any of this, but it's fun to think about).
--

Christopher A. Young
Learn more about Jesus
Stormin Mormon wrote:

I played Black Sabbath at 78 speed, man.
And what happened?
I saw God!

Play it backwards at that speed.
Tune in, turn on and drop out.
Stone (No D on the end of that) Well, on second thought.
Matt wrote:

Oh yeah: They're called stationary 240V cordless corded mini-portable drills!