12 volt switch

I want to purchase a 12 volt switch which will be added in line on my existing cable but have tried Google and numerous firms but no sign of such a device. Where can I buy? Blair

Reply to
Blair

What is the 12 volt switch being used for?

Any car parts supplier, car scrap yard, maplins, rs components, etc can supply 12 volt switches in a huge range of designs and capabilities.

Reply to
Palindr☻me

Car accessory shop?

Reply to
Gilbert

Try

or
Andy

Reply to
ANDY

This depends on what yu are trying to achieve? If you just want to switch 12 volts on and off, there is nio reason why you shouldnt use a 240 volt mains switch. If you want to remoteswitch something with a 12 volt signal, you need a relay or contactor, and because you asked the question you probably nees a hell of a lot more advice.

Maplin Electronics, amongst other people keep all sorts of bits like this, they are on line somewhere, but they have a few shops, depending on where you live. Maplin shops, and most eectronic constructors shops, have the sort of staff that are willing and able to offer all sorts of solutions to the problems that most of is don even know exist!

John

Reply to
John

Thanks to all who replied. The car accessories firm will probably be the answer. I will try next week when in town. Maplin have a wide range of switches but none of the type I want. It is simply an on /off switch which is small and is compatible in size to the cable size Blair

Reply to
Blair