Subject Author Posted Replies

watter hammer / hum problem
about a month ago our pipes started humming when the water was turned off in the shower. Then it started doing it when one fo the toilets was flushed. Now its doing it when the cloths washer is on....
5
5

washer connection
I am trying to connect a washer. The washer has hot water hose and cold water hose and a drain. The wall has a hot water faucet, cold water faucet, drain, and an additional copper pipe 1/2 with no...
5
5

Lawn mowers under $300?
Looking for a new self-propelled mower for hopefully less than $300. I'll be mostly bagging on a flat lot less than 1/4 acre with lots of turns around shrubs and trees. While performance is important,...
19
19

Waterbed Frames Plans
Hi, Can you convert a bed frame into a waterbed frame? We have cherry wood furniture and are in the process of putting up a waterbed. If not, does anybody have plans for a waterbed frame or know where...
3
3

Castle Brook Shingles
I am considering having my roof shingled and the contractor wants to use Castle Brook shingles which can be purchased from Menards. Has anyone used them and how have they held up. I considered Owens...
5
5

out of square
i have a lean to (sp?) sort of roof attached to a neighbors house that is out of square by quite a bit. the lean to is constructed of 2x8 joyces on top of that 1x4 slats and then 1/2 inch osb board....
2
2

Portable PVC -netting plant cover
Yo, group - I have built a portable frame out of 1" PVC to be covered with netting to protect my strawberry bed. 4'x4'x2.' However, I can't seem to jam the joints tight enough that they won't fall...
5
5

Navien Condensing Tankless Water Heater?
Does anybody in this group have experience with this tankless company called Navien? Supposed to be out of Irvine Ca...... looking at getting their Natural gas model CR-180... any pros and cons to...
1
1

Can bouncy exercise damage the floor?
Is it possible to damage the house from using the living room as a work out area? I was concerned about all the shocks to the floor from jumping rope, etc. I have a newer home built in the last 5...
10
10

Suggestions? Driveway crack over ½ inch
Rebar missing.......? No reinforcement? I always guarantee 2 things when I pour concrete. It will crack, and I do not know where....... Sounds like land movement......Is water a problem..... Drainage?...
9
9

Painting Pressure Treated Lumber
How does Pressure Treated Lumber Paint? Does it hold primer. I'm thinking about using it as trim pieces that need to be replaced due to termite and dry rot damage. I'm a little worried about the warp...
11
11

Doggie doors represent new opportunities
If your toddler crawls through it and drowns in an adjacent bog. You can sue the manufacturer (or installer) of the doggie door for not warning you. "More than a hundred children have died or been...
30
30

Building a short retaining wall
I have a semi-circular area inside of my semi-circular driveway, it has a tree in the middle. The perimeter of this area is about 40 feet. Currently I have pressure treated 4x4 used as a border around...
6
6

Does anyone know of a good CAD service?
Hi, I hope I'm posting this in the right group. Our company is looking to hire a CAD designer/service for several custom pieces we have been contracted to fabricate. This is a government contract, and...
3
3

Weslock leverset
I've got a customer who wants a Weslock leverset. Keyed entry, brass, 2 3/4 radius corner latch. I can't find one through the stores, or locksmith suppliers. Anyone out there know of one I can buy,...
8
8