Subject Author Posted Replies

maintenance question on pressure washer
couple neighbors have offered their 1-2 year old pressure washers what are some things to look out for in terms on maintenance performed, neglected, check out, etc.. before I buy one ? for example, if...
2
2

If you don't pay, they'll cut off your rain
Many, if not most places, supposedly worked run-off into the sewers part of the utility bill. It is being taxed on somethign you are already supposedly paying for.
12
12

My Raccoon Doesn't Seem To Like Antifreeze
In this State, you're not allowed to trap and transport racs. Anyway, one time in the past using a Haveaheart, the damn dumb cat got trapped. Another time, the rac was able to somehow escape! Two...
42
42

The most annoying household appliance
The most annoying household appliance goes out to the telephone. I have always hated phones. They always ring at a bad time, and 98% of the time they are either a fu##ing telemarketer, or someone...
19
19

Deck screw driver- what do you use?
What do you use? I've been driving most of my deck/drywall screws with a 3/8 variable speed drill for 15-20 yrs. I finally killed it last week. [it drives deck screws pretty good- but I really...
14
14

Pre-painted cast iron
For iron to be cast, it needs to be molten. Iron is molten at around 2800 degrees F. You can have any color you want as long as it is grey.
6
6

Upgrading 230V 50A outlet to 60A
Hi, I currently have a 50A 220v breaker installed in my carport, which I would like to upgrade to a 60A. The reason for this is the compressor I'm looking at is 10HP and uses 44 amps. I guess I...
3
3

Septic tank question
Sometimes my water sample comes back with a high bacteria count. I have started inserting a small chlorine "puck" in the filter case in the plumbing once a week. Will this put enough chlorine in the...
1
1

plumbing - fix urinal piping
House built 1949. Wall hung urinal install 15-20 years ago by myself. Two problems need fixing: 1 Urinal pipe seems to clog which I undersand is from a buildup of something in the urine. 2 Sink...
5
5

Abrasive additives for ordinary pressure washers?
I don't own a pressure washer, but I was thinking of buying one. Probably gasoline powered, not intending to pay more than $1000. I was wondering if it's possible to set one of those units up...
2
2

Electric Question
If you have a flickering refrigerator light due to a loose connection, does the removal of the light bulb eliminate the threat of arcing?
15
15

Cementing plexiglass
I need to glue a plesiglass shelf to plexiglass sides. I cannot use screws (visual reasons). What adhesive would you recommend for a long-lasting, solid fix?
5
5

Ref: Too much Michael Jackson!
QUOTE: " ... recent deaths of great scientists, artists, others who advanced the good of humanity (who) get maybe 3 lines in an obit. But the media (which apparently has nothing else to write...
1
1

doorstop
I have a metal door and the doorstop is attached to it with screws. The screws keep loosening. I would like to screw the door stop to a small piece of wood (plywood, whatever) and then glue and screw...
5
5

Viessmann Boiler and Beckett burner not staying lit
System was put in new in 2007 have had problems with it from day 1. The installers have replaced nossels ,transformers, ignighter added oil filtertion and even replaced the original boiler. It will...
1
1