Subject Author Posted Replies

Old 2-ton Carrier AC
I have an Old 25 year-old 2-ton Carrier AC ("Round One"), I am looking for the Carrier Model #, to look info on the unit. HELP PLEASE
2
2

installing gutters
Anyone know the trick to cutting an X in a gutter to attach a downspout? Just use tin snips? Or is there a pro trick?
8
8

help quick..please
I screwed up and ran over one of the end caps of my sand mounted septic system. image - you can see I ran over a little more then just the end cap. The end cap in the picture is a new one from another...
11
11

Fixing latex paint drips
My kid just called from college saying his roommate painted his window frames with Sherwin-Williams gloss latex, and 8 hours later, there are pretty large areas where the paint ran and forms drips...
19
19

Roof vent flashing
My roof was gone over about ten years ago. The roofer install new roof vent flashings. There are four of them. Ten years later all rubber part of the flashing cracked and deteriorated. I believe the...
3
3

Pressure regulation
My friend has a problem getting blasted by hot or cold water when he is taking a shower and someone turns on the water elsewhere in his house. Curb pressure is about 100 PSI and regulator takes it...
7
7

How to remove a self-stick wall dispenser
I have put up a wall dispenser that dispenses hand soap...It has self-stick adhesive on the back. I would like to take it down doing as little damamge to the wall/paint as possible. Any suggestions?...
4
4

how would you fix this gutter problem?
See photos at: house is pretty old, built in the late 1800's. Over time, the back of the house (as well as our neighbors') has subsided a bit. Hasn't caused any foundation problems, but it...
9
9

Another "real estate sale" picture
This one is probably the result of the homeowner's actions. Pic http://failblog.files.wordpress.com/2009/09/epic-fail-portico-fail.jpg
3
3

HELP
The formica vanity/sink in bathroom has seperated from wall, from 1/4" to about 1/2" space. What to do?
13
13

Chasing away/killing critters digging holes in our yard
This year we noticed a number of animal holes in our yard (we live in a near city suburb). I think they are squirrel holes. The holes are ugly and mess up the lawn. I wouldn't mind killing them or...
26
26

So many levels of wrong...
"[FLORIDA] A large nest of carpenter ants near an electrical outlet sparked a Daytona Beach house fire this morning that killed several cats [nine]..." Thirty-six cats, however, were saved. No report...
20
20

Lowes vs Lumber Yard Price
Just an isolated example: Lowes 1-lb electro galv roofing nails 3.33. Local lumber yard 2.79. Same brand and all. Now at the "Building Supply" place where I had to get matching replacement siding...
28
28

restoring easy glide to vinyl windows
What's the best way to restore easy glide operation to ten year old vinyl windows that have become diffucult to open and close? Best, Christopher
5
5

Wiring Humidifier to furnace
Last year I installed an Aprilaire 600 humidifier on my 30 yr old oil/hotair furnace. Smacked myself for not doing it 20 yrs ago- It didn't cost much more than one of the dozen or so portable...
12
12