Subject Author Posted Replies

Odd size toilet
Do toilets come in a specal close fit (less set back from the drain to the wall)?
10
10

Keeping car electronics alive while changing battery - homebrew approach?
I need to clean the terminals and change out my car battery. I would rather not lose the setttings on my radio. But I also would rather not invest in a charger just for this application. I have...
51
51

ceramic tile sizes
silly question time :-) Are 12" ceramic tiles actually 12" on each side - or are they slightly smaller (maybe 11-3/4" or 11-7/8"?) to account for a mortar gap? cheers Jules
6
6

Semi OT - Removing antenna mount from car window...
My son just bought a used car which has an antenna mount for a satellite radio stuck on the outside of the rear window. It's a lump about 1-1/2" square with a short male threaded antenna starter piece...
19
19

ClosetMaid (2023 Update)
What is the sticky residue that accumulates on the wire shelving after a few years? ClosetMaid acknowledges it's existance but won't provide info as to cause or a cure. It makes the closet shelves...
12
12

Acuvibe massage tool 2009 new
This review is from: AcuVibe soft-touch Rechargeable Massager (Health and Beauty) We had ours for 3 months. The battery got weaker from the beginning. I noticed it got hot when plugged in. So, I put...

New EPA demands for homes built before 1978!
If you are not federally certified to work with lead based paint you cannot touch ANY project larger than 6 sq ft indoors or 20 sq ft outside PERIOD! No home owner can work on it if it disturbs any...
42
42

what to do with leftover fuel oil?
if I switch from an oil fired boiler to natural gas, what do I do with the fuel oil that is still in the tank in the cellar? Thanks.
60
60

Installing bathroom vent fan in drop ceiling
I have installed several bathroom vent fans in sheetrock ceiling, but soon I will be doing one with a drop ceiling. My question is does the fan still sit flush with the bottom of the ceiling tile, or...
6
6

Black coroplast smudge
Sometimes opaque white plastic bags form a black smokelike smudge. What is this? Can this develop on 's plastic sheets? I am trying desperately to determine that this is not mold. It makes no logical...
3
3

Slightly OT - Makita gas chainsaws
Anyone know anything about these? I trust the Makita name, but don't know if they know anything about gas engines. Or does somebody else make these for them? Any info is appreciated... Dave
7
7

Sharkskin for Roofing
Roofers now use Sharkskin instead of felt. I have seen them stapling it and as I understand it, this is a no no. What is the experience of users of Sharkskin versus 30 # felt.
2
2

sorta OT power question for you world travelers
My Dell laptop power supply says that it will work on 100-240V, 50 or 60 Hz. Wikipedia sez Japanese receptacles, despite having 100V, 50Hz power are essentially identical to a NEMA 1-15. However, both...
14
14

DIY foam insulation
I will soon be embarking on a project to gut my above-garage bedroom, and by the time I'm ready to put it all back together again will have to reinsulate. It's cathedral ceiling, which I'm guessing is...
8
8

Question on plumbing average cost- location New England...For new toilet and change pedestal plumbing
Hi... I want to have a new toilet installed in my bathroom.. Already has plumbing, just want a new toilet.. Also I want to change the fixtures on my pedestal ..So I will need the plumber to change the...
19
19