Subject Author Posted Replies

stipulations in drywall contract
I am going to be getting estimates and then signing a contract to have 3 rooms (game room, bedroom, storage room) in my basement, drywalled,taped, and textured. I would like to get some suggestions...
7
7

Hanging something on drywall
OK, I probably shouldn't be doing stuff around the home :) To keep our dog in one part of the house, I hung a baby gate in a doorway. It was one we took down from the top of the stairs some years ago...
28
28

Drywall
OK, I probably shouldn't be doing stuff around the home :) To keep our dog in one part of the house, I hung a baby gate in a doorway. It was one we took down from the top of the stairs some years ago...
1
1

Best material to cover garbage bin wheels (2023 Update)
In our city, we have large bins for garbage and recycling. The bins have hard plastic wheels. We recently replaced our asphalt driveway with pavers. The pavers have a much rougher surface than the...
55
55

Washer & Dryer recomendation's
I am moving & need a new Washer & Electric Dryer. When i go to Lowe's,Homedepot,etc. & read the reviews they all are horrible. I can't find one with a good review. So i thought i would ask here. Any...
13
13

Tile/Shower Base problem
Just had a new shower installed, tiles going down and overlapping the flange of an acrylic shower base. Contractor "sealed" the tile/base connection with grout, which soon cracked due to weight in...
13
13

Drywall
The ceiling in my garage is 10 feet and 1 and 1/2 inches from floor to the bottom of the truss. I am not installing drywall on the ceiling. Is it ok to use 10 foot sheets of drywall hung vertically...
7
7

How to measure water flowing through small tubing?
I have a dehumidifier with pump that drains via a small plastic tubing (about 5mm OD). I'd like to monitor its performance by measuring how much water flows through the tubing. This should be...
5
5

An under-the-floor heater
Hi, I have a very small room on the first floor and the hot water radiator takes way too much space. I'm not considering a baseboard. Here's how I would like to heat it? Place fin tubing between the...
11
11

Between the walls A/C
Hi, I own a house in PA. On most days, only the attic bedrooms need A/C. The attic bedrooms have space b/w the "knee wall" and the roof (where it says I: / /__ /| | /I| |I That's my best diagram ever....
11
11

Outside condenser just died
What are my options in fixing this unit?
16
16

Electric Hot Water Heater Repair
Hi All, I was wondering if someone can explain to me how a thermostat in an electric hot water heater works. This is a Rheem hot water heater, it has two heating elements. I'm trying to determine of...
17
17

Amana RR-10 Microwave repair
I know, this is ancient but i love it because it is an old Buick in disguise (lots of chrome). The display/control module has gone completely dead but it is not the module itself. However, the Light...
7
7

Is the neighbor killing my acuba ?
I have a row of acuba about 5 ft tall and 3-4 ft wide stretching along **my side** of **my** hurricane fence between me and the neighbor. The same stretch of acuba continues around fence corner and...
10
10

Furring out an interior wall
I have a wall in the bathroom where two third of the length is an exterior wall (concrete block) and one third of it is newly framed interior wall with standard top/bottom plate and studs with 2x4....
5
5