stipulations in drywall contract

I am going to be getting estimates and then signing a contract to have

3 rooms (game room, bedroom, storage room) in my basement, drywalled,taped, and textured.

I would like to get some suggestions for "Do's and Don'ts" that I should specify in my contract to makes sure the contractor does not implement any "inappropriate" shortcuts that result in a less thanoptimum result.

For example:

  1. The drywall shall be attached with screws.
  2. ...

Thanks, Jess

keywork=JessJoeMama

Reply to
Jess

N. The contractor will be responsible for clean-up of the area. ...will leave the area in a professional manner. ...or some such.

Reply to
keith

Find a good guy by reputation or referral, write a simple contract, and leave him alone. If you are that concerned, you need to be sure you are there watching every detail. That will just slow down the job. If he's good, he's busy, and chances are if he sees you are going to pick him apart on every detail, he may walk on you, and you will have to get Julio and the gang to do the work.

I got a drywall guy that I KNOW will do a great job at a fair price. I leave him alone, except to check and see if he needs any sodas or lunch or for me to run get something.

Steve

Reply to
Steve B

What's the matter one thread wasn't enough ?? You've got the answers already..Jesh...

Reply to
benick

Thank you for saying that! He never responded to his own *thread* two days ago. It's a Google thing, I think.

BTW, how is Lobster season up yonder?

Reply to
Oren

Yeah, I'm sure all the good drywall guys are real busy in this economy. And nothing wrong or nit picking about asking what are good points to include in the contract. Here's a good example: contractor must be insured. A good contract that calls out the specifics protects BOTH parties. If a contractor has a problem with that, I show them the door.

Reply to
trader4

For whatever reason, my original post you refer too (and thus all the responses you refer to) is not visibible to me. If I search for it, it was not there, and if I click on the link you reference for my original post, the link does not work. As "Oren" noted, "maybe it is a Google thing". Thus it appeared to my that my post actually didn't get posted so I posted again so I could get some suggestions for my question.

Reply to
Jess

Just getting started...A buddy of mine is setting traps as I write...Lobster prices have been way down so eat up and help a fisherman....

Reply to
benick